Community research opportunity

Hello everyone!

For the last few weeks we've been inviting members to tell us what they think about the Sleepio Community, using an online survey.

The project is a collaboration with researchers at the universities of Oxford, Manchester and Nottingham. The aim is to find out what you think about the Community and your reasons for taking part in it.

Participation is entirely voluntary, but if you're interested to find out more, and you can spare 10 minutes, please click on the link below:
Sleepio Community survey

We will be collecting responses until Friday 28th March.
Thank you so much in advance!
The Sleepio Team

Posted 30 Jan 2014 at 5:01 PM
  • 13 comments
  • 6 helped

Comments

• Sleepio Member

• 9 comments
    • 0 helped
    Expert

Thanks so much to everyone who has already answered the Community Survey. Sleepio is working with academics who are interested in what helps online communities to thrive. The survey takes about 10 minutes to complete. We'd really appreciate your responses.
    Many thanks, Sophie (Sleepio team)

• Sleepio Member

• 92 comments
    • 27 helped
    in reply to Sleepio Member
    Graduate

Hi SophieB,

I know a few are concerned about the privacy aspect of participating in the survey. Maybe a brief, reassuring comment on here would help members decide if they would feel comfortable participating and would result in more responses to the survey.

Tink :)

• Sleepio Member

• 9 comments
    • 0 helped
    Expert

Thanks very much, Tink, for highlighting possible privacy worries. It's really important to say that any information you provide will be treated in confidence – and personal information will remain 100% confidential.

At NO point will any individual be named, or personal data used, in the outcomes of the research. The ethics committee at Nottingham University approved the study and it complies with UK Data Protection Laws.

The survey asks for your username so that the researchers can see whether opinions are related to overall patterns of activity in the community, such as how often members make posts.

Sleepio agreed to be involved in the research in the hope that the results would help us to improve the community, so we'd really value your input, but please only take part if you feel comfortable doing so.
    Many thanks, Sophie

• Sleepio Member

• 79 comments
    • 16 helped
    Graduate

Hi Sophie,
    Some feedback for the survey designer – question 12 is difficult to answer if your sleep hasn't actually improved.
    Sally

• Sleepio Member

• 9 comments
    • 0 helped
    Expert

Thanks, Sally – I see what you mean, I'll certainly pass on. Many thanks for finding time to fill in the survey.
    Sophie

• Sleepio Member

• 9 comments
    • 0 helped
    Expert

What do you think of the Sleepio Community?

We're collaborating with researchers at the University of Nottingham to understand the benefits and to find ways to improve the experience for members.

If you have 5 minutes to spare, please complete this survey:
    https://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/nottingham/sleepiosurvey

Many thanks
    Sophie
    Sleepio Team

• Sleepio Member

• 1692 comments
    • 339 helped
    Graduate

It's a relatively short easy-to-use survey. Most questions are tick-boxes and there are a few short answer ones at the end. Having recently read through the original research report about the Sleepio's internet delivery of CBT, evaluating the community aspect is a recommendation listed in the report.
    anniem

• Sleepio Member

• 9 comments
    • 0 helped
    Expert

Hi Annie,
    thanks so much for your encouraging comments about the survey, and for filling it in.

By collaborating with researchers from Nottingham University we're hoping to get an independent perspective on how the community benefits members, and ideas for improvements.

There hasn't been a lot of research in this area, so every response to the survey is hugely appreciated.
    Thanks again,
    Sophie

• Sleepio Member

• 9 comments
    • 0 helped
    Expert

Has the Sleepio Community made a difference to you?

We're collaborating with researchers at the University of Nottingham to understand the possible benefits and to find ways to improve the experience for members.

If you have 5 minutes to spare, please complete this survey:
    https://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/nottingham/sleepiosurvey

Many thanks
    Sophie
    Sleepio Team

• Sleepio Member

• 9 comments
    • 0 helped
    Expert

We're up to 96 responses – can you help us reach 100?

The more responses we have, the more reliable the data will be. The survey will be open for just one more week..
    it would be great if you could take part.

To tell us your views, simply click here: Sleepio Community Survey

Many thanks,
    Sophie

• Sleepio Member

• 3 comments
    • 0 helped
    Session 3

I was told by my former Community Psychiatric Nurse that I need psychological therapy not CBT nor anti-depressants. I found the assessment distressing so it was stopped and I was referred for Dialitic Behaviour Therapy but I can't attend this as it is a year long weekly commitment and it may clash with lectures and field work for my Masters. Because of this they have simply discharged me, accusing me of not engaging with them

• Sleepio Member

• 435 comments
    • 248 helped
    Graduate

I think you need to set the record straight with the service that have discharged you. It's too easy to label people as not engaging or non compliant when they are put into a position where it's impossible for them to engage. You certainly don't want a comment about non-engagement to remain on your record unchallenged.
    I would suggest you write to them and explain why you can't commit to the suggested therapy, and ask if there is any way of reaching a compromise so you can access the help you want. Stress that you want it.
    All the best,

• Sleepio Member

• 3 comments
    • 0 helped
    Session 3

Hi, thanks for that, I've already made a formal complaint and it's now going to the Care Quality Commission who will also be told that I'm have to pay privately for psychotherapy by someone who is available weekends, weekdays and evenings.

Return to top