What interests and hobbies do you have?

How about taking five minutes of your time to tell your friends on sleepio all about yourselves? We all know each other & it would be nice to know if we have shared interests.

Posted 2 Apr 2012 at 2:36 PM
  • 72 comments
  • 31 helped

Comments

Show older comments
  • Sleepio Member

• 874 comments
    • 208 helped
    in reply to Sleepio Member
    Graduate

Hi Ian, you too seem to be busy too, I don't find it odd a man enjoying working with fabrics, knitting and sewing, whatever relaxes you and keeps you occupied, my uncle always knitted all the family jumpers for christmas, mind you he did cheat he did have a knitting machine.

I am thinking of joining the university of the third age (U3A) and see what they offer in my area, I get so bored being home most of the time, too much time on my hands.
    did you get the chance to look at the fotki site link I sent you?
    take care and have a great creative weekend…Andy

• Sleepio Member

• 874 comments
    • 208 helped
    Graduate

for anyone interested in my animations heres the links

http://public.fotki.com/andymoir/
    http://public.fotki.com/andymoir2/
    http://public.fotki.com/WLG/

As you will see I haven't created any for years , must get my interest going again
    Enjoy

• Sleepio Member

• 287 comments
    • 68 helped
    Graduate

Hi there Andy,

I've just taken a look at your Sneezing Flowers animation (for starters) and thought it was really good, and it's making me chuckle away and smile! Thank you!
    I will look at some more tomorrow!
    Have a good night ,

Henry

:-D

• Sleepio Member

• 874 comments
    • 208 helped
    Graduate

If you want a sneezing flower just ask and I will do you one…thanks for the compliments, most people use them at the bottom of an email , just brightens the email up
    Hope you are ok, pop a post on my profile dear friend, it will be nice to know how you are and how the sleeping is going…Take care….Andy :-)

• Sleepio Member

• 287 comments
    • 68 helped
    Graduate

Your welcome Andy,

and ooh! Have you ever done a kayaker paddling?

I'm still in the same 'place' presently buddy, and nothing to report at the mo.

Enjoying using my energy in training for a kayak race on Sunday on the river Severn though! And I'm planning a weekend cycle camping and cross-country mountain biking with my nephew soon, with my £14:99p light-weight tent! ;-D
    Ah, and I'm considering taking a college course in Sports Massage Therapy.

How're your hobbies going for you?I see that you've been exchanging artistic ideas with DaddyDennis lately!

Henry

:-)

• Sleepio Member

• 874 comments
    • 208 helped
    Graduate

Hi Henry

Sorry it has taken a while for my reply this week wasn't the best in the Guiness book of records :-))

I am sorry that ill health plagues you and I hope you get the answers you so deserve, I have seen Kayaker paddling, at the moment anything too strenuous is way of my sights, I am getting easily fatigued, still I have Neuro appt soon so have to see what they say.

it seems as though you are a pretty active sort of guy and keeping your self fit, so theres a good thing keeping yourself active.

I haven't been able this week to be creative as much as I would like to be.

Talk soon keep well and I hope your sleep is getting there…Andy

• Sleepio Member

• 19 comments
    • 4 helped
    Graduate

just done a week life drawing at glasgow school of art. brilliant but exhausting. who'd have thought drawing could be so intense and tiring. i expect that's why it is also so rewarding. really pleased with some things i turned out -in pastel so they may not have survived the journey – i think i'll get them in frames and put them up.
    wonder if this will help with the day to day arting? you never know!

• Sleepio Member

• 874 comments
    • 208 helped
    Graduate

Great too see someone enjoying their hobby albeit tiring, could this be down to concentrating too much? my daughter is very talented and is going to college soon to do art and photography, she can just look at a small picture and copy it A3 and its the perfect replicate…thought I might get her a small picture of the mona lisa lol

it sounds as if you have the inspiration, keep it up, I am sure the other artists will be happy to know you are back and the news on your trip to Glasgow school of art

thanks for sharing…take care…Andy

• Sleepio Member

• 287 comments
    • 68 helped
    Graduate

Hi there Andy!

I'm not sure what happened to the post ai sent you the other day, but will answer you again very soon, hope that's okay mate. (re. your health etc)

But for now and here on hobbies etc. And with your offer of researching as an interest of yours! Do you happen to know which is the best Freeview (TV) Set Top Box (for under £30) as far as user friendliness is concerned please? And maybe with a USB option (and USB memory stick) included within, so that I can make recordings in that way and then be able to travel with it, and watch (and or) tranfer them onto a PC to watch later? This as my FreeSat is on the 'blink' somehow.

What do you think Andy mate?

I hope you're still enjoying the Olympics like myself too, there is just an amazing amount of great sport to choose from and watch on the BBC right now, hey what? And so many British medal winners! Hurrah!!! ;D

What will you be enjoying doing over the weekend in the lovely sunshine? Or indoors?

Henry

• Sleepio Member

• 874 comments
    • 208 helped
    Graduate

I have found one priced at £19.90 plus p&p from amazon has usb and card functions
    heres the link….........
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/FREEVIEW-DIGITAL-RECEIVER-RECORDER-Digi-fun%C2%AE/dp/B003YT5XLU/ref=dp_cp_ob_rec-ht_title_0

Yes I loved watching the olympics fantastic too see our team doing so well , great to see athletes from all 4 countries coming together and working so hard to get all the medals

hope this finds you well…All the best Andy

• Sleepio Member

• 287 comments
    • 68 helped
    Graduate

Thanks for that Andy. That one is very good value for money!
    I'm feeling quite rough indeed due to med. side-effects over the past few weeks thanks. But don't need to talk about now, really need any distraction possible actually!
    Hence my posting here to you really. So hey, ho mate!

Glad you enjoyed the Olympics too, I couldn't get enough of them! And feel like I'm in a bit of 'withdrawal' now! Hehe! ;-)

• Sleepio Member

• 27 comments
    • 10 helped
    Graduate

As there seem to be a number of new folk to Sleepio, I wonder if it might be a help and a bit of light relief to share a little about our interests and hobbies.

I retired in the Spring and since then have been gradually getting a life away from work (which was always time-consuming and left me exhausted, long and very hard days).

I wanted outdoor things, to combine fresh air with exercise, so I returned to playing golf. I play 2/3 times a week and have good and bad days (a bit like the nights really), but I enjoy it and I have met some really nice people.

Also a volunteer for Riding for the Disabled (children aged 5-15), and that really does make me take note and appreciate how fortunate I am to be fit and well. These youngsters are amazing and I have seen at first hand just how much of a posiitive impact their half-hour sessions have on them, really humbling.

Indoors, I read and listen to music (and The Archers) and am house slave to two young black cats.

That's me. What about others?

• Sleepio Member

• 874 comments
    • 208 helped
    Graduate

Hello and thanks for sharing your interests and hobbies this is why I started this topic

Yes you will find you have lots and lots in common with others on the site, I am sure there is another member that also had something to do with riding for the disabled, and regarding Golf I know holiday does a round or two of golf occasionally

Fantastic how you and others take the time to help disabled folk especially children, yes it is humbling, keep it up and perhaps posting on your profile will attract others of a similar ilk, just in case it gets missed here

take care of yourself…...Andy

• Sleepio Member

• 27 comments
    • 10 helped
    Graduate

Thanks Andy, I take your point about posting some of the above to my profile. It is interesting to know how others use up their leisure time.

Hope things are OK with you meantime.

• Sleepio Member

• 874 comments
    • 208 helped
    Graduate

Yes Im fine thanks for asking had a fantastic sleep last night albeit in blocks, I am taking up photography as I have heaps of time on my hands due to being disabled, things not good stewing about it at home

yes life isn't all about sleep although it pays a big part but it's nice to hear what others are interested in , if you scroll to the top of the page you will see “show older posts” , you can see from there other peoples interests

take care of yourself and have a great weekend!

• Sleepio Member

• 27 comments
    • 10 helped
    Graduate

Good to hear that you had a good night last night, Andy; a real blessing. Long may it continue.

I also dabble a bit with photography, maybe not as much as I had hoped, but the countryside is getting so colourful now that it just begs for a lens. Good luck with it and you, too, have a good weekend.

• Sleepio Member

• 1900 comments
    • 436 helped
    Graduate

Where do you play golf R&D and do you have handicap yet, doesn't really matter it's a game to enjoy,

• Sleepio Member

• 765 comments
    • 265 helped
    Graduate

Hello RAG I did post on your profile so feel I 'know' you. I too help at RDA and as you say it is great what we get back from the help we give. Always the same really, you get out what you put in. I tried to have a go at golf, my husband plays, unfortunately although it seemed I could be quite good (ha ha) I get fixed fingers which are alarming when you try to let go of the bat (I call it that to annoy my husband) and quite painful too. I think I might just take it up again if we move to a town rather than here in a lovely rural place. Anyway, nice to talk to you, tell us more.

• Sleepio Member

• 27 comments
    • 10 helped
    Graduate

Golf is a strange old game – I play for pleasure and the exercise and fresh air. It's good company too, although I do enjoy a solitary round – where I seem to play better.

RDA is quite new to me and, like you, I find it very rewarding. I couldn't do what these youngsters do and I admire their courage.

Hope the rest of the weekend is good for you.

• Sleepio Member

• 874 comments
    • 208 helped
    Graduate

Great to see you all having similar interests and hobbies, I think what you guys do for the disabled youngsters and young adults is fantastic

we are very proud of you…......Andy

Return to top