Multiple Sclerosis and Sleep

This topic is for people to share advice and their experiences with Multiple Sclerosis as it relates to sleep.

Posted 22 Apr 2015 at 12:58 PM
  • 2 comments
  • 0 helped

Comments

• Sleepio Member

• 1 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

does anyone else here have MS. even before my diagnosis i had problems with sleep but now it is getting worse and worse. i have muscle spasms and cramps within minutes of getting in bed as well as bladder problems. any sugestions would be very welcome..

• Sleepio Member

• 219 comments
    • 36 helped
    Graduate

Hi Beats, I have an MS diagnosis but as you know the range of impacts is very wide and I consider myself on the least affected end – daytime tiredness, and walking weakness after walking about a mile on hte flat. I had good sleep until family issues in 2013 and don;t associate my sleep problems with my MS but may be wrong. Using Sleepio has improved my depth and quality of sleep (less easily disturbed and deeper sleep) but it's still not enough time asleep for me, and after improving things to that point previously using QR I'm now getting up if awake anytime after 4 (QHR again) instead of 'resting' until time to get up, as I've got into hte habit of doing. There is a thread on Restless Legs syndrome here. But the most useful thing I can suggest is for you to look at an online MS site with good evidence-based information and a community tab, called Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis (google that or overcomingmultiplesclerosis.com) The site is based on a regime of diet (high plant, Omega 3s, low/no sat fats;) high Vitamin D supplementation; stress reduction/meditation; exercise; and disease modifyig mediation if you choose. Even if you didn;t want to go along with that (I do, it's a very healthy lifestyle) the community is very active and there will be plenty on MS and sleep. It's free. Hope that helps.

Return to top