Live discussion with Dr Vicki Creanor - 7th December 2016

Dr Creanor will be hosting a live online discussion here on Wednesday 7th December from 8:15 to 9:45pm British Time or 3:15 to 4:45pm US Eastern Standard Time.

She will discuss as many topics as possible in the hour and a half and, as always, you are welcome to ask any questions at all about sleep or the Sleepio program.

Please do note that, as per our guidelines, Dr Creanor will not be able to give personal medical advice. Her replies to questions will be made in such a way as to help as many people as possible who might have similar issues.

To keep up with new comments as they are posted you will need to refresh this discussion page.

To do this:

On PC hit CTRL and R keys or the F5 key
On Mac hit CMD and R

Posted 1 Dec 2016 at 9:12 PM
  • 8 comments
  • 2 helped

Comments

• Sleepio Member

• 6 comments
    • 0 helped
    Session 1

Good exercise for person with hip pain due to degenerative arthritis.

• Sleepio Member

• 1 comments
    • 1 helped
    Session 2

I'm in my second session I drink de cafe coffee in this exercise it says not to drink coffee 6 hours before bed so does it still apply to de cafe coffee ? Or is it just as well not to drink any coffee ?

• Sleepio Member

• 7 comments
    • 2 helped
    Session 3

I'm just starting week 3 and am looking for something to do when I find myself downstairs during one of my “nocturnal breaks”. As reading is considered too active, is knitting allowed? I'm trying to give myself options apart from music and the tv!

• Sleepio Member

• 6 comments
    • 0 helped
    in reply to Sleepio Member
    Session 1

Reading always puts me yo sleep especially if its a boring book.

• Sleepio Member

• 4 comments
    • 0 helped
    Session 4

I saw an ad online from a Dr. of Music who said he could reverse hearing loss and get rid of tinnitus using sound therapy. He said that tinnitus causes scaring on the brain and results in dementia but that they have a product that removes that scaring. Does tinnitus cause dementia/Alzheimer's and scaring in the brain? Are their claims valid?

• Sleepio Member

• 6 comments
    • 0 helped
    Session 2

What should I do when I`m awake during the night?
    I`ll try anything!

• Sleepio Member

• 2 comments
    • 0 helped
    Session 4

At the end of week 2 of sleep restriction. My efficiency is hovering around 80% but the prof says I could even extend it. At the moment I'm getting 6 out of 7 hrs 40. Should I maybe even try to reduce the window to 7 hours? A lot of convention about SRT says to only increase at 90%

• Sleepio Member

• 2 comments
    • 0 helped
    Session 4

How accurate should my sleep diary be. I'm caught between clockwatching, which keeps me awake, and getting a reasonably accurate picture on my sleep diary. as soon as I check the clock in the small hours, that's usually it. Also, I have a horrible surge of adrenaline to check the clock and often give in it is so strong. Do I need to ride these urges out?

Return to top