Live Discussion with Dr Vicki Creanor - 6th February

Dr Creanor will be hosting a live online discussion here on Wednesday 6th February 7pm-8pm.

She will discuss as many topics as possible in the hour, starting with the most popular questions with answers being given in a way to give the most benefit to the general Community.

To have a say in which questions are answered, either:
+ post a question or comment ahead of the discussion, by clicking the blue ‘Add a comment’ button; or
+ vote on other people’s questions, by clicking the blue ‘Yes’ button underneath the relevant comment.

To keep up with new comments as they are posted you will need to ‘refresh’ this discussion page.

To do this:

+ On PC hit ‘Ctrl’ and ‘R’ or the ‘F5’ key
+ On Mac hit ‘Command’ or ‘Apple’ and ‘R’

Posted 4 Feb 2013 at 2:37 PM
  • 98 comments
  • 66 helped

Comments

Show older comments
  • Sleepio Member

• 20 comments
    • 2 helped
    in reply to Sleepio Member
    Graduate

That would be really amazing! I hate that ive lost my good sleep. Three years ago i didnt pay it a thought. I slept good everywhere and under any circumstance. Over night that turned into a three year long struggle with my bed!!

• Sleepio Member

• 1389 comments
    • 225 helped
    Expert

I believe this to be the case in general. There are many things that can set our sleep off down a faulty path and usually once we get our pattern back…and consolidate this for a while too…we can return to being more flexible. Hope that offers some comfort.

• Sleepio Member

• 4 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

I am planning to not follow the regime when I am on holiday as I sleep much better then anyway – 8+ hours a night rather than my normal 5 to 6! It would be nice to think I will come back to good sleep, but this has never been the case before. I'm pleased that it seems to have worked for you though

• Sleepio Member

• 20 comments
    • 2 helped
    Graduate

Ahhhh you have lifted a huge weight of my shoulders tonight. THANK U!!! Now i am highly motivated to the rest of the program. Really good news :)

• Sleepio Member

• 71 comments
    • 11 helped
    Graduate

Take courage ellenmarie. Nature's way is to heal and with the Sleepio programme it will come right. Say “I love you” to your bed when you get in! Just a thought.

• Sleepio Member

• 1389 comments
    • 225 helped
    Expert

And that is a common story. One life event can send us down a path of frustratingly poor sleep. However, the fact that you used to be a good sleeper and be very flexible is a good sign for things to come when you get your sleep pattern turned around again.

• Sleepio Member

• 21 comments
    • 11 helped
    Graduate

Has anyone else had the experience of poor sleep following a good night? If so, any possible explanation?

• Sleepio Member

• 71 comments
    • 11 helped
    Graduate

I wish you well after your holiday. I hope I don't get punishment from the Prof for what I said earlier. I don't understand how it happened. I still get odd nights (like last night) when I was awake from 4 to 6 am

• Sleepio Member

• 208 comments
    • 62 helped
    Graduate

Natalie. Very often. Recovery is a long and winding road!

• Sleepio Member

• 20 comments
    • 2 helped
    Graduate

i will have a nice talk with my bed tonight! All this is so worth it, i am not so anxious anymore. You are great everyone!

xxxx

• Sleepio Member

• 1389 comments
    • 225 helped
    Expert

Oh good! I think at the start of any therapy it's daunting as you can feel you have a long road ahead.but once you see the first small change, it is a big boost. I would use the community here, too, to keep you incentivised and motivated…that's what it's here for.

• Sleepio Member

• 208 comments
    • 62 helped
    Graduate

that's a lovely image!

• Sleepio Member

• 132 comments
    • 72 helped
    Graduate

Hello Natalie,

It seems I have to endure several bad nights before I can have a better night and even then it's never that refreshing. No idea why though.

• Sleepio Member

• 71 comments
    • 11 helped
    Graduate

Agree ellenmarie. The community is so helpful, as well as the experts of course!!

• Sleepio Member

• 20 comments
    • 2 helped
    Graduate

:)

• Sleepio Member

• 21 comments
    • 11 helped
    Graduate

Any thoughts on why we should have poor sleep following good sleep? Seems like a common experience. Does research back this up at all?

• Sleepio Member

• 1389 comments
    • 225 helped
    Expert

Thanks for your company tonight everyone…see you next time.

• Sleepio Member

• 71 comments
    • 11 helped
    Graduate

Thank you and good night to everyone!!

• Sleepio Member

• 208 comments
    • 62 helped
    Graduate

good night everyone sleep well!

• Sleepio Member

• 132 comments