Live Discussion with Dr Simon Kyle - 9th November

Dr Simon Kyle will be hosting a live online discussion here on Wednesday 9th November 7pm-8pm.

He will discuss as many topics as possible in the hour, starting with the most popular questions. Answers will be given in a general way to give the most benefit to the general Community.

To have a say in what questions get answered, either: – post a question or comment ahead of the discussion, by clicking the blue 'Comment' link below this message; or – vote on other people's questions, by clicking the blue 'Yes' button to the right of the relevant comment.

To keep up with new comments as they are posted you will need to 'refresh' this discussion page.

To do this:

- On PC hit 'Ctrl' and 'R' or the 'F5' key
- On Mac hit 'Command' or 'Apple' and 'R'

Posted 7 Nov 2011 at 12:35 PM
  • 78 comments
  • 17 helped

Comments

Show older comments
  • Sleepio Member

• 36 comments
    • 6 helped
    Session 4

My GP has given me a few temazepam 20mg for SOS nights when I really need a sleep. I've conducted week 1 of the course, so is it okay for me to continue with the pills as I progress with the course? I, of course, want to get shot of the pills as quickly as I can.

• Sleepio Member

• 834 comments
    • 72 helped
    in reply to Sleepio Member
    Expert

Hi lacolocha, don't worry, the Prof will guide you through it! It'll be your choice though how to put the techniques into practice so they work best for you.

• Sleepio Member

• 1061 comments
    • 204 helped
    Graduate

Yes you can choose

• Sleepio Member

• 2805 comments
    • 528 helped
    Graduate

Sorry I have to go now – good night everyone

• Sleepio Member

• 52 comments
    • 8 helped
    Graduate

The only problem I can see is that when I have had those pills you really need to sleep them off or you feel rough the next day (rougher than just tired) so might be a problem if your sleep window is too short…

• Sleepio Member

• 52 comments
    • 8 helped
    Graduate

Yes I have had a few thought about going to bed later or getting up earlier, about all that lovely time to myself I would have that I don't get enough of normally!

• Sleepio Member

• 834 comments
    • 72 helped
    Expert

Night nightjar!

• Sleepio Member

• 1061 comments
    • 204 helped
    Graduate

Sorry I have to go now. Visitors arriving. Sleep well everyone. Will catch up on all the comments.

• Sleepio Member

• 1192 comments
    • 306 helped
    Expert

justrelax… great question. The Prof will guide you through this over the next few sessions. We know the course works equally well for many taking sleeping pills (and we know that the course helps many people to reduce their need for sleeping pills ultimately) but you should always check with your doctor before making any changes to your medication or if you're at all worried about your health. So as long as you've checked with your doctor this is not something to worry about at all…justrelax…

• Sleepio Member

• 1192 comments
    • 306 helped
    Expert

Is anyone still here?

• Sleepio Member

• 52 comments
    • 8 helped
    Graduate

yes I am!

• Sleepio Member

• 52 comments
    • 8 helped
    Graduate

I don't really have any more questions though…just waiting to see if anyone else posts

• Sleepio Member

• 36 comments
    • 6 helped
    Session 4

Me too!

• Sleepio Member

• 52 comments
    • 8 helped
    Graduate

what week are you on justrelax?

• Sleepio Member

• 36 comments
    • 6 helped
    Session 4

Just completed week 1 earlier this afternoon. Really can't wait for the next installment! I'm guessing we must be at a very similar stage?

• Sleepio Member

• 1192 comments
    • 306 helped
    Expert

Thanks guys. We are coming to the end of our time. Thanks a lot for joining. You guys can continue to talk with each other. See you next week… sleep well and be positive!

• Sleepio Member

• 52 comments
    • 8 helped
    Graduate

Bye Doc :-)

• Sleepio Member

• 52 comments
    • 8 helped
    Graduate

Yeah I did week 1 recently and am due to do week 2 some time between now and saturday. I am feeling very optimistic too. Can't wait to stop being obsessed with sleep!

• Sleepio Member

• 36 comments
    • 6 helped
    Session 4

Yip, me too, its all I can think and talk about. Hope you have a good night!

• Sleepio Member

• 52 comments
    • 8 helped
    Graduate

you too :-) good luck with the programme and speak to you soon.

Return to top