Live Discussion with Dr Simon Kyle - 30th November

Dr Simon Kyle will be hosting a live online discussion here on Wednesday 30th November 7pm-8pm.

He will discuss as many topics as possible in the hour, starting with the most popular questions with answers being given in a way to give the most benefit to the general Community.

Dr Kyle may be unable to answer questions which relate to topics covered in future course sessions but will try to indicate where this is the case and point you in the direction of relevant expert articles on the Community.

To have a say in what questions get answered, either: – post a question or comment ahead of the discussion, by clicking the blue 'Comment' link below this message; or – vote on other people's questions, by clicking the blue 'Yes' button to the right of the relevant comment.

To keep up with new comments as they are posted you will need to 'refresh' this discussion page.

To do this:

- On PC hit 'Ctrl' and 'R' or the 'F5' key
- On Mac hit 'Command' or 'Apple' and 'R'

Posted 28 Nov 2011 at 11:32 AM
  • 108 comments
  • 17 helped

Comments

Show older comments
  • Sleepio Member

• 2805 comments
    • 528 helped
    in reply to Sleepio Member
    Graduate

I might do that…..although I think it might make me start looking at the clock again :-(

• Sleepio Member

• 49 comments
    • 10 helped
    Session 4

I often have spells where I wake at exactly the same time every morning – it's usually 3.10am. I usually blame it on either my wonky body clock rythms or even just bad habit.

• Sleepio Member

• 2805 comments
    • 528 helped
    Graduate

night sleepyhead

• Sleepio Member

• 278 comments
    • 55 helped
    Graduate

how long can it take for sleep restriction to work? the reason why i ask is that i found that with my first week of restriction my old bad habits of falling asleep on sofa, not going back bed when sleepy tired etc. really put up a fight. i know it's down to me to get on top of it.

• Sleepio Member

• 1192 comments
    • 306 helped
    Expert

very commonly reported by poor sleepers. Hopefully time spent in that half awake/half alseep state decreases through taking part in sleepio! that's the plan!

• Sleepio Member

• 2805 comments
    • 528 helped
    Graduate

me too – regular as clockwork!

• Sleepio Member

• 1192 comments
    • 306 helped
    Expert

That's rather exact dozyrascal? Always the same time?

• Sleepio Member

• 49 comments
    • 10 helped
    Session 4

Usually – though if I've had a bad night and then go to bed early I wake slightly earlier -does this make any sense?

• Sleepio Member

• 2805 comments
    • 528 helped
    Graduate

I have to go now – sleep well everyone and thanks Dr Kyle

• Sleepio Member

• 1196 comments
    • 181 helped
    Graduate

Me too, thanks Dr Kyle and Rosie!

• Sleepio Member

• 1192 comments
    • 306 helped
    Expert

Persevere earlyriser. On average people might start to see stabilised sleep after 2-3 weeks (but there can be great individual differences). Daytime functioning tends to improve a week or so lag behind sleep. You just need to find your own point and often further benefits can be found even a month or so after the course! It's tough for a short period but the benefits will come if you can adhere as much as possible.

• Sleepio Member

• 416 comments
    • 62 helped
    Graduate

Thanks for joining in – Good night!

• Sleepio Member

• 1192 comments
    • 306 helped
    Expert

Could be related to the end of sleep cycle or perhaps you begin, over time, to expect to wake then and your internal clock adjust ready for it! Sleepio will help change expectations for better sleep!

• Sleepio Member

• 278 comments
    • 55 helped
    Graduate

thanks all sleep well, have to go now ;)

• Sleepio Member

• 49 comments
    • 10 helped
    Session 4

Thanks Dr Kyle and everyone for your support. Goodnight!

• Sleepio Member

• 1192 comments
    • 306 helped
    Expert

Thanks everyone for chatting tonight. Have a good week. sleep well and efficient!

• Sleepio Member

• 868 comments
    • 269 helped
    Graduate

The alarm is set. I'm just not looking at the clock and assuming I have a long time left to sleep.
    Worth a try??

• Sleepio Member

• 11 comments
    • 5 helped
    Session 4

I have to wake for work at 5am every morning. I go to bed at 9pm. My sleep doc says that most people would feel tired at that time, even with 8 hours of sleep. Do you have any suggestions on how to help me “get going” so that I'm not dragging so much in the morning? I found it surprising to know that I should adjust my expectations! I thought 8 hours would be ideal, period. I find myself disappointed that maybe I think I should be feeling better than I am… if that makes sense.

• Sleepio Member

• 11 comments
    • 5 helped
    Session 4

I guess I've had poor sleep for so long (sleep apnea/fibromyalgia) that I'm poor at evaluating just how good my sleep is.

• Sleepio Member

• 11 comments
    • 5 helped
    Session 4

I wonder what timezone the chat takes place in. I'm in EST... Looks like it's all over.

Return to top