Live Discussion with Dr Simon Kyle - 25th July

Dr Kyle will be hosting a live online discussion here on Wednesday 25th July 7pm-8pm.

He will discuss as many topics as possible in the hour, starting with the most popular questions with answers being given in a way to give the most benefit to the general Community.

To have a say in which questions are answered, either:
+ post a question or comment ahead of the discussion, by clicking the blue ‘Add a comment’ button; or
+ vote on other people’s questions, by clicking the blue ‘Yes’ button underneath the relevant comment.

Posted 19 Jul 2012 at 1:08 PM
  • 53 comments
  • 19 helped

Comments

Show older comments
  • Sleepio Member

• 2805 comments
    • 528 helped
    Graduate

Didn't someone post recently that a bowl of cereal last thing helped you sleep well?

• Sleepio Member

• 874 comments
    • 210 helped
    in reply to Sleepio Member
    Graduate

Yes they did …one of the new members, he/she said had a great nights sleep afterwoods….interesting however not sure if going too bed with a full tummy is good

• Sleepio Member

• 2805 comments
    • 528 helped
    Graduate

RVw used to swear by sponge pudding…...

• Sleepio Member

• 2805 comments
    • 528 helped
    Graduate

At least I think it was her, I'll have to ask next time she's in the GCR

• Sleepio Member

• 874 comments
    • 210 helped
    Graduate

I dont think anything with high sugar content would be good, lets see what Dr Kyle thinks

• Sleepio Member

• 2805 comments
    • 528 helped
    Graduate

I think he may have gone out to join the others in the sun!

• Sleepio Member

• 874 comments
    • 210 helped
    Graduate

hahaha

• Sleepio Member

• 1192 comments
    • 306 helped
    Expert

it is very quiet tonight! anyone got random thoughts or questions to discuss?

• Sleepio Member

• 874 comments
    • 210 helped
    Graduate

yes food intake before bed good/bad?

• Sleepio Member

• 2805 comments
    • 528 helped
    Graduate

Well…..is anyone looking at improvements in sleep in the long-term after doing the cbt course?

• Sleepio Member

• 1192 comments
    • 306 helped
    Expert

haha. no , but I have got the blinds closed (for the first time this year) because the sun is very bright! yes, too much sugar prior to bedtime should certainly be avoided.

• Sleepio Member

• 874 comments
    • 210 helped
    Graduate

I am even though I have several health problems, the course makes sense and for me works a treat…Thanks to the experts and other supportive members

• Sleepio Member

• 1192 comments
    • 306 helped
    Expert

great question, nightjar. not yet, at least not formally, but it would be very important to do. the longest research studies have assessed sleep changes two years after treatment (for face-to-face CBT). do you have some thoughts?

• Sleepio Member

• 2805 comments
    • 528 helped
    Graduate

I seemed to go for a very long-time after the inital improvement just at the same up and down level but in the last month or so I have seem a noticeable improvement in the length of time I am sleeping.

• Sleepio Member

• 874 comments
    • 210 helped
    Graduate

yes I think it takes patience and determination, it's not a short fix

• Sleepio Member

• 2805 comments
    • 528 helped
    Graduate

I guess we're about done for tonight – I'm going out for a stroll before it gets too late.
    Thanks Dr Kyle,
    Nice chatting Andy!
    Sleep well both

• Sleepio Member

• 874 comments
    • 210 helped
    Graduate

well time too pull the plug , nice to have your company nj, hopefully more online next time…THANK YOU Dr Kyle

• Sleepio Member

• 1192 comments
    • 306 helped
    Expert

i think you may be right NJ and AM. it varies from individual to individual but applying effort in the initial phases can reap benefits in the later stages. In fact, I am analysing some data looking at how adhering to treatment aspects (particularly SR techniques) may relate to long-term improvements in sleep. will hopefully eb able to report back in a few months time!

• Sleepio Member

• 1192 comments
    • 306 helped
    Expert

thanks for joining everyone. have a nice week and look forward to speaking again soon.

• Sleepio Member

• 874 comments
    • 210 helped
    Graduate

Bye and thanks again

Return to top