Live Discussion with Dr Simon Kyle - 25th January

Dr Kyle will be hosting a live online discussion here on Wednesday 25th January 7pm-8pm.

He will discuss as many topics as possible in the hour, starting with the most popular questions with answers being given in a way to give the most benefit to the general Community.

To have a say in what questions get answered, either: – post a question or comment ahead of the discussion, by clicking the blue 'Comment' link below this message; or – vote on other people's questions, by clicking the blue 'Yes' button to the right of the relevant comment.

To keep up with new comments as they are posted you will need to 'refresh' this discussion page.

To do this:

- On PC hit 'Ctrl' and 'R' or the 'F5' key
- On Mac hit 'Command' or 'Apple' and 'R'

Posted 23 Jan 2012 at 12:36 PM
  • 112 comments
  • 33 helped

Comments

Show older comments
  • Sleepio Member

• 1192 comments
    • 306 helped
    in reply to Sleepio Member
    Expert

do you mean thinking into the future NO?

• Sleepio Member

• 44 comments
    • 16 helped
    Graduate

You could maybe put in other 'positive' tags – clicking the tag would actually reinforce the positive aspects of – whatever it was!

• Sleepio Member

• 1061 comments
    • 204 helped
    Graduate

This reply has taken me a while – must have hit the twitter button and was on Sleepio twitter…....... Dr. Kyle I try the train going through the station but unfortunately it wants to stay there and I do try “the”. I think this one works best for me because it makes me concentrate on my breathing as I say “the” on exhale. Think I must just bore myself into sleeping at that point.

• Sleepio Member

• 1192 comments
    • 306 helped
    Expert

sounds effective sleepyhead?

• Sleepio Member

• 840 comments
    • 172 helped
    Graduate

Bigger issues??? I also go to bed with a clear mind (as far as I am concerned anyway) but I guess all the plannning and preparation in the world cant stop some things creeping in sometimes…;normal I spose…nice to be 'normal' innit??

• Sleepio Member

• 1061 comments
    • 204 helped
    Graduate

Mmmmm it did take 3 hours last night though!!

• Sleepio Member

• 840 comments
    • 172 helped
    Graduate

;-)))

• Sleepio Member

• 1061 comments
    • 204 helped
    Graduate

My mind is like a butterfly sometimes going to bed.

• Sleepio Member

• 573 comments
    • 218 helped
    Graduate

I've always found the tagging device useful, you can really see what's affecting sleep as well as the posted list on the left.

• Sleepio Member

• 1192 comments
    • 306 helped
    Expert

Did you try the quarter of an hour rule? Getting out of bed shows an acceptance that sleep might come at that time, but by going into another room, distracting yourself with another non-stimulating task, might prepare you better for when you do feel sleepy-tired and ready to drop off?

• Sleepio Member

• 1061 comments
    • 204 helped
    Graduate

I have been bad about the tagging but because I am a bit up and down just now I am going to religiously add these.

• Sleepio Member

• 25 comments
    • 15 helped
    Graduate

I agree with the tagging device! VERY helpful! I believe the CBT will be VERY helpful for me and my continuing denial of how very much I AM impacted by the FIBRO. Ugh.

• Sleepio Member

• 840 comments
    • 172 helped
    Graduate

Must go now and clean my keyboard, thanks for your time Dr Kyle…next time maybe..

• Sleepio Member

• 573 comments
    • 218 helped
    Graduate

It is quite illuminating.

• Sleepio Member

• 1061 comments
    • 204 helped
    Graduate

But I was really sleepy tired. My eyes were gritty but I just couldn't switch off and I kept thinking I would go to sleep. Think when you are working in the morning you feel that if you get up you won't get back to sleep and it is cold. Will however start on that again to see if it helps.

• Sleepio Member

• 1915 comments
    • 442 helped
    Graduate

yeah, think your spot on.

• Sleepio Member

• 573 comments
    • 218 helped
    Graduate

I agree sometimes, the what if….....but it's more something disturbing and upsetting happens which disturbs the day-timer equaliberium and you get that sinking feeling.

• Sleepio Member

• 1061 comments
    • 204 helped
    Graduate

Have to go now. Thanks for your help and time Dr. Kyle.

• Sleepio Member

• 44 comments
    • 16 helped
    Graduate

Thanks to everyone – my first live session. Sleep well, one and all

• Sleepio Member

• 1192 comments
    • 306 helped
    Expert

Sorry folks, we've come to the end of the hour. Save your questions for next time and we'll be sure to get round to them. Take care and have a good week/good sleep.

Return to top