Live Discussion with Dr Simon Kyle - 24th October

Dr Kyle will be hosting a live online discussion here on Wednesday 24th October 7pm-8pm.

He will discuss as many topics as possible in the hour, starting with the most popular questions with answers being given in a way to give the most benefit to the general Community.

To have a say in which questions are answered, either:
+ post a question or comment ahead of the discussion, by clicking the blue ‘Add a comment’ button; or
+ vote on other people’s questions, by clicking the blue ‘Yes’ button underneath the relevant comment.

To keep up with new comments as they are posted you will need to 'refresh' this discussion page.

To do this:

- On PC hit 'Ctrl' and 'R' or the 'F5' key
- On Mac hit 'Command' or 'Apple' and 'R'

Posted 19 Oct 2012 at 1:04 PM
  • 55 comments
  • 21 helped

Comments

Show older comments
  • Sleepio Member

• 874 comments
    • 208 helped
    in reply to Sleepio Member
    Graduate

Probably due to the fickering Laurel, I would be interested to know more about daylight bulbs xx

• Sleepio Member

• 680 comments
    • 138 helped
    Graduate

Hi there,
    I'm very interested to know how you get on with the lightbox & supplements!
    PLease keep us posted on your experiences!

• Sleepio Member

• 874 comments
    • 208 helped
    Graduate

Hi Laurel I use Vitamin D supplements as well as magnesium and calcium, probably to early too notice any difference yet x
    Hi Amy please keep us posted on the light box x

• Sleepio Member

• 680 comments
    • 138 helped
    Graduate

Can't type tonight at all!!

• Sleepio Member

• 91 comments
    • 39 helped
    Graduate

Hi Laurel, I will do. I was at a patient conference recently for one of my medical conditions and a pharmacist gave a talk which ended by discussing vitamin D deficiency. Her advice was that you didn't need your levels testing and as long as you weren't using very high-dosage supplements that it was safe.

• Sleepio Member

• 1192 comments
    • 306 helped
    Expert

thanks andymoir! you're right, the important thing is to follow the clock-time (clocks don't change until two am), so important to go to bed as usual, and the hour extra will be in the morning (with your new clock time)

• Sleepio Member

• 874 comments
    • 208 helped
    Graduate

Has Dr Kyle gone for a cuppa?

• Sleepio Member

• 137 comments
    • 39 helped
    Graduate

Thanks for that Henry. I really believe that the chit chat part of this site has helped me enormously. Just knowing other people out there are ordinary people – the kind that might be good friends, if we were to meet outside our virtual GCR is a great comfort. Let's not lose that. It makes talking about our sleep issues and sensitive health issues, so much easier.

• Sleepio Member

• 1192 comments
    • 306 helped
    Expert

Hi andymoir. certainly light-therapy has been shown to be effective for mood and sleep in those who might be sensitive to seasonal change, check out my article:

Seasonal effects on sleep

• Sleepio Member

• 874 comments
    • 208 helped
    Graduate

Hi gIllian the new Chit Chat Forum could be used if your up in the wee hours and fancy a quick chat with someone, take care of yourself Andy

• Sleepio Member

• 1192 comments
    • 306 helped
    Expert

just milk please (no sugar), andymoir. thanks.

• Sleepio Member

• 91 comments
    • 39 helped
    Graduate

The light box I bought is a Philips goLITE BLU and I managed to get it at less than RRP from eBay.
    When I bought it I was trying to use it for 30mins first thing in the morning (I want to push my sleep window earlier). But back then I was working and usually dragging myself out of bed and dashing out the door within 15 mins.

Since then I've been off work for a long time and due to problems with other health issues I decided to take a break from SR and just let my body rest and heal. Probably time to start working on the techniques again though.

• Sleepio Member

• 874 comments
    • 208 helped
    Graduate

LOL good to see you have a great sense of humour , otherwise I might get the Sack!!

• Sleepio Member

• 1192 comments
    • 306 helped
    Expert

many thanks for your comments, gillian352.

• Sleepio Member

• 874 comments
    • 208 helped
    Graduate

Well I must say Adios fellow Sleepiomites I am going for a bath and then off for an early night, take care and thanks Dr Kyle for your time and great answers

• Sleepio Member

• 680 comments
    • 138 helped
    Graduate

Good night Andy, sleep well xx

• Sleepio Member

• 874 comments
    • 208 helped
    Graduate

Thanks Laurel xx u too sweet dreams
    Amy I need some advice will post on your profile later if thats ok ? x

• Sleepio Member

• 91 comments
    • 39 helped
    Graduate

Sure Andy, enjoy your soak and I'll look out for your message.

• Sleepio Member

• 1192 comments
    • 306 helped
    Expert

many thanks for joining tonight folks. take care, enjoy the extra hour on sun morning, and speak next time!

• Sleepio Member

• 680 comments
    • 138 helped
    Graduate

Goodnight everyone, sleep well! And thanks Dr Kyle

Return to top