Live Discussion with Dr Simon Kyle - 22nd February

Dr Kyle will be hosting a live online discussion here on Wednesday 22nd February 7pm-8pm.

He will discuss as many topics as possible in the hour, starting with the most popular questions with answers being given in a way to give the most benefit to the general Community.

To have a say in what questions get answered, either: – post a question or comment ahead of the discussion, by clicking the blue 'Comment' link below this message; or – vote on other people's questions, by clicking the blue 'Yes' button to the right of the relevant comment.

To keep up with new comments as they are posted you will need to 'refresh' this discussion page.

To do this:

- On PC hit 'Ctrl' and 'R' or the 'F5' key
- On Mac hit 'Command' or 'Apple' and 'R'

Posted 20 Feb 2012 at 6:19 PM
  • 96 comments
  • 63 helped

Comments

Show older comments
  • Sleepio Member

• 278 comments
    • 55 helped
    in reply to Sleepio Member
    Graduate

lol i'm an ENFJ

• Sleepio Member

• 10 comments
    • 5 helped
    Graduate

yes yes yes!! Dont give up now stick with it and follow carefully.

• Sleepio Member

• 2805 comments
    • 528 helped
    Graduate

Keep going MB4041 – Session 3 is the turning point. it is also the toughest part but it has really worked for lots of us. It would be a shame to stop now without trying it.

• Sleepio Member

• 1192 comments
    • 306 helped
    Expert

MB4041, you are still very early days so certainly worth pesevering with the course.

• Sleepio Member

• 45 comments
    • 9 helped
    Graduate

I shall look into Headspace to see if I can find details on the internet. Thanks

• Sleepio Member

• 695 comments
    • 308 helped
    Graduate

Yes keep going you have only just begun. Lots of help and support available.

• Sleepio Member

• 278 comments
    • 55 helped
    Graduate

when you do the thought checker does it help?

• Sleepio Member

• 15 comments
    • 4 helped
    Graduate

A couple of other things that might be tried:
    1. White noise. I first encountered this at a spa in the UK. The guy had created a special track of white noise, I put the headphones on and within about 10 minutes I found it practically impossible to stay awake. Think waterfalls, surf . . . helpful, yes? I have made my own 'waterfall' track now.
    2. Hemisync audio. Very interesting. The downside is it requires wearing headphones or it doesn't work.

• Sleepio Member

• 416 comments
    • 62 helped
    Graduate

Wow! That's really great to hear, thank you Goldie, I'll be sure to pass that on.

• Sleepio Member

• 1192 comments
    • 306 helped
    Expert

Thanks for this Clive, just to say that these techniques need to be tested in terms of effectivness (in the same way the Sleepio course has been) before any scientific conclusions can be drawn about their usefulness for sleep.

• Sleepio Member

• 2 comments
    • 0 helped
    Session 2

Thank you Doc. However, as a previous student on an earlier Sleepio course. No improvement.

• Sleepio Member

• 15 comments
    • 4 helped
    Graduate

I have noticed that if I use it I can never remember dreaming, and when I don't, after a couple of days I will invariably wake up with vivid memories of dreams. It used to be a great sleep aid but now it doesn't help.

• Sleepio Member

• 45 comments
    • 9 helped
    Graduate

Not sure whether the thought checker helps or not really. Sometimes it does. White noise.. not at all sure on this. I have several sleep cd's but I find that my own music helps better.

• Sleepio Member

• 2805 comments
    • 528 helped
    Graduate

Were you on the trial MB4041? Because if you were you may well have been in the placebo group and so have found it ineffective.

• Sleepio Member

• 765 comments
    • 265 helped
    Graduate

Very interesting tonight – sleep well everyone and Thank you Dr.Kyle and Rosie. Look forward to hearing about the post graduate access bit !!!

• Sleepio Member

• 695 comments
    • 308 helped
    Graduate

sorry did I miss something smokes what?

• Sleepio Member

• 45 comments
    • 9 helped
    Graduate

Thanks all for your help I will wander off now and hope tonight will be another good sleep. I'm forever hopeful. Good night all.

• Sleepio Member

• 58 comments
    • 31 helped
    Graduate

Good night everyone, sleep tight!

• Sleepio Member

• 278 comments
    • 55 helped
    Graduate

night all…thanks fellow sleepios and of course Dr Kyle and Rosie

• Sleepio Member

• 1192 comments
    • 306 helped
    Expert

That's us folks. Many thanks for joining, take care, good luck and speak next week!

Return to top