Live Discussion with Dr Simon Kyle - 14th March

Dr Kyle will be hosting a live online discussion here on Wednesday 14th March 8pm-9pm.

He will discuss as many topics as possible in the hour, starting with the most popular questions with answers being given in a way to give the most benefit to the general Community.

To have a say in what questions get answered, either: – post a question or comment ahead of the discussion, by clicking the blue 'Comment' link below this message; or – vote on other people's questions, by clicking the blue 'Yes' button to the right of the relevant comment.

To keep up with new comments as they are posted you will need to 'refresh' this discussion page.

To do this:

- On PC hit 'Ctrl' and 'R' or the 'F5' key
- On Mac hit 'Command' or 'Apple' and 'R'

Posted 11 Mar 2012 at 9:18 PM
  • 128 comments
  • 90 helped

Comments

Show older comments
  • Sleepio Member

• 45 comments
    • 9 helped
    Graduate

Late to sleep last night 3.45am and my eyes were so dry and smeary. (is that a correct word?) this morning

• Sleepio Member

• 695 comments
    • 308 helped
    in reply to Sleepio Member
    Graduate

lone pine I find that showering my bottom and legs and feet with water as hot as I can take it seems to stop my for m of restless legs – worth a try? think magnesium supplement may help to – try researching that one.

• Sleepio Member

• 23 comments
    • 6 helped
    Graduate

Yes Ive tried to do that. I just seem to not be managing it at all at the moment. I'm sure I'll improve though!

• Sleepio Member

• 278 comments
    • 55 helped
    Graduate

that's how it started for me.

• Sleepio Member

• 17 comments
    • 2 helped
    Graduate

Never thought about going outside. Thanks :-)

• Sleepio Member

• 682 comments
    • 139 helped
    Graduate

Post on the forums when you can find the time – you'll find plenty of support & encouragement!! I'm sure you're doing your best every day…just some days your best is a bit better than other days!!

• Sleepio Member

• 199 comments
    • 96 helped
    Graduate

Yep – showering helps me too. Fills some of the long evening before bedtime too!

• Sleepio Member

• 1192 comments
    • 306 helped
    Expert

I'm not aware of the link but it is very possible. Best to consult GP if concerned.

• Sleepio Member

• 58 comments
    • 31 helped
    Graduate

Goodnight everyone, thanks Dr. Kyle, hope everyone sleeps really well tonight.

• Sleepio Member

• 23 comments
    • 6 helped
    Graduate

Thanks so much for the advice. You've probably gone now!! Night night ;0)

• Sleepio Member

• 45 comments
    • 9 helped
    Graduate

It's inflammation of the eyelids, Makes them feel gritty. I think it may be an age thing as well but I have worn contact lenses for several years and they now feel very dry if i wear them for any length of time.

• Sleepio Member

• 278 comments
    • 55 helped
    Graduate

night all and sleep well. been very interesting tonight ;) Dr Kyle you coming back to blighty or will you be an Aussie for some time?

• Sleepio Member

• 682 comments
    • 139 helped
    Graduate

thanks ttn, sounds nasty! do you use eyedrops or anything to relieve it?

• Sleepio Member

• 1192 comments
    • 306 helped
    Expert

Dear all Many thanks for joining tonight (my morning here in Australia). Sorry we couldn't get through everything today – I am typing in a bed and breakfast, so a bit slower than usual when at work. will be back in the UK next week and ready to chat more/answer more questions at usual time of 7pm. Have a good week and good luck.

• Sleepio Member

• 682 comments
    • 139 helped
    Graduate

Thanks Dr Kyle!
    Goodnight everyone, sleep well xx

• Sleepio Member

• 23 comments
    • 6 helped
    Graduate

Yes I'm already finding all you other sleepios very reassuring and helpful. Thanks!! Sleep well all…................

• Sleepio Member

• 695 comments
    • 308 helped
    Graduate

thanks everyone – sleep well

• Sleepio Member

• 45 comments
    • 9 helped
    Graduate

Just have to bathe them night and morning with hot flannels
    Night all

• Sleepio Member

• 143 comments
    • 25 helped
    Graduate

Hi chrispy, thanks for your reply. I'm aware of these drugs. The friend I mentioned in an comment earlier tried these from her gp. On the whole they didn't help long term & as a last resort she was offered some medication that the side effects were so risky she decided to put up with the restless legs. Therefore I don't want to go down that road. I'll stick with sleepio & try to understand more about my sleep etc. Have found the community very helpful & supportive with all the various comments.

• Sleepio Member

• 143 comments
    • 25 helped
    Graduate

Hi Goldie thanks for your helpful suggestion, I'll bear it in mind.

Return to top