Live Discussion with Dr Simon Kyle - 11th July

Dr Kyle will be hosting a live online discussion here on Wednesday 11th July 7pm-8pm.

He will discuss as many topics as possible in the hour, starting with the most popular questions with answers being given in a way to give the most benefit to the general Community.

To have a say in which questions are answered, either:
+ post a question or comment ahead of the discussion, by clicking the blue ‘Add a comment’ button; or
+ vote on other people’s questions, by clicking the blue ‘Yes’ button underneath the relevant comment.

Posted 6 Jul 2012 at 8:15 AM
  • 73 comments
  • 14 helped

Comments

Show older comments
  • Sleepio Member

• 137 comments
    • 39 helped
    Graduate

When I eventually get to sleep, I have very bizarre dreams! Again, that's a lifetime thing too. Maybe my brain is just scrambled!!!

• Sleepio Member

• 695 comments
    • 308 helped
    in reply to Sleepio Member
    Graduate

Have you ever tried assuming that if you can't remember the times you were awake they must just be very short ones. I tried a week of not looking at the time when I woke up as I was getting stressed by seeing 'it is only half an hour when I reckon I fell asleep. Having a week of not looking at the clock helped me to calm down about it and go more on what I felt about how long I was awake – if that makes any sense?!

• Sleepio Member

• 143 comments
    • 25 helped
    Graduate

What a good come back remark to your very unfeeling GP. It made me laugh, I wish I had been a fly on the wall when you put him in his place.

• Sleepio Member

• 8 comments
    • 5 helped
    Graduate

Had a quick look at the trials. really interesting. If you ahve time to reply is it possible to change ANTS and is it possible to rewire your thought even altough I am 47 now ? Been a woorier all my life !!

• Sleepio Member

• 1192 comments
    • 306 helped
    Expert

great, thanks Goldie!

• Sleepio Member

• 695 comments
    • 308 helped
    Graduate

My nightmares and loud distressed noises that wake my partner up have reduced to almost none over the last couple of months. I tend not to remember my ordinary dreams and never have – only the horrible ones where I am making a noise to try and wake myself up. I think sometimes I know it is a dream.

• Sleepio Member

• 8 comments
    • 5 helped
    Graduate

Definately intend to !! He is quite nice but totally unsympathetic!! (sorry about the spelling)!

• Sleepio Member

• 1192 comments
    • 306 helped
    Expert

thanks Kittycat. it certainly is possible to make a change! You still have sessions to go so stick with the Prof and he will introduce some new cognitive techniques to help deal with thoughts and the racing mind.

• Sleepio Member

• 143 comments
    • 25 helped
    Graduate

Hi Goldie I only write down times when I'm up in the night for 1hr or so otherwise I would just turn over and go back to sleep.

• Sleepio Member

• 8 comments
    • 5 helped
    Graduate

Can I ask you what the wake up and wind down process is? I am on week 3 of the course ?

• Sleepio Member

• 695 comments
    • 308 helped
    Graduate

that's good – I mean that you only do it if you are up for and hour – not that you are up for an hour that is awful. great that you can also turn over and go back to sleep. I find I do that more and more and am not so stressed about waking up.

• Sleepio Member

• 8 comments
    • 5 helped
    Graduate

Thanks.

• Sleepio Member

• 143 comments
    • 25 helped
    Graduate

No, as I don't seem to do any dreaming I'm aware of.

• Sleepio Member

• 143 comments
    • 25 helped
    Graduate

Hi Kittycat as the session is just about to end I'll reply on your profile as it's on 1 of the course's weeks and I'm not sure which one.

• Sleepio Member

• 682 comments
    • 139 helped
    Graduate

I don't seem to get as many recurring dreams since starting Sleepio.

My dreams tend to go in cycles though…I get lots of really mad dreams when I'm pre-menstrual & remember less dreams when i'm not. That hasn't changed!

• Sleepio Member

• 143 comments
    • 25 helped
    Graduate

Goodnight all, session has just flown by this evening.

• Sleepio Member

• 1192 comments
    • 306 helped
    Expert

Many thanks for joining the discussion tonight everyone! I've enjoyed it. Good luck and speak next week.

• Sleepio Member

• 137 comments
    • 39 helped
    Graduate

Goodnight everyone. Thanks Dr Kyle. Very interesting session.

• Sleepio Member

• 695 comments
    • 308 helped
    Graduate

thanks Dr Kyle and everyone for a very good session – I have to go now.

• Sleepio Member

• 682 comments
    • 139 helped
    Graduate

Goodnight everyone…sleep well! xx

And thanks Dr Kyle

Return to top