Live Discussion with Dr Kirsty Horne - 17th April

Dr Horne will be hosting a live online discussion here on Wednesday 17th April 7pm-8pm (GMT).

She will discuss as many topics as possible in the hour, starting with the most popular questions with answers being given in a way to give the most benefit to the general Community.

To have a say in which questions are answered, either:
+ post a question or comment ahead of the discussion, by clicking the blue ‘Add a comment’ button; or
+ vote on other people’s questions, by clicking the blue ‘Yes’ button underneath the relevant comment.

To keep up with new comments as they are posted you will need to 'refresh' this discussion page.

To do this:

- On PC hit 'Ctrl' and 'R' or the 'F5' key
- On Mac hit 'Command' or 'Apple' and 'R'

Posted 11 Apr 2013 at 8:33 AM
  • 72 comments
  • 4 helped

Comments

Show older comments
  • Sleepio Member

• 341 comments
    • 25 helped
    in reply to Sleepio Member
    Graduate

That's great to hear Valkaye. You will probablly find that using these techniques regularly will benefit you in many other ways, not just with your sleep.

• Sleepio Member

• 341 comments
    • 25 helped
    Graduate

It's quietened down a bit…

• Sleepio Member

• 512 comments
    • 191 helped
    Graduate

Got to go guys, here comes the lovely neuro headache again… have a good session…

• Sleepio Member

• 341 comments
    • 25 helped
    Graduate

Sorry to hear that katecelyn thanks for joining the session tonight and hope you're head feels better soon

• Sleepio Member

• 208 comments
    • 62 helped
    Graduate

It varies Dr horne. Sometimes te expert can barely keep up with the questions but other times there are fewer people on line. It's all good stuff though so quality rather than quantity. Do i understand correctly that you have just started doing these sessions? I thought I didn't recognise the name. Have you just started with Sleepio?

• Sleepio Member

• 1136 comments
    • 211 helped
    Graduate

I think it's good tonight too Dr. Horne.

• Sleepio Member

• 143 comments
    • 25 helped
    Graduate

Good evening Dr Horne. Just wanted to say how much Sleepio has helped with my sleep. I find now I can go to sleep within minutes most nights and if I'm troubled with thoughts that just won't go away ( as I've had recently), I read a book for approximately 15 to 30 minutes and then I'm so tired I have to go to sleep. I'm finding that I seem to need between 6 to 7 hours of sleep. If I'm short 1 night my body makes up for it the next night or whenever it can. I'm finding I'm more relaxed about the whole issue concerning my sleep which in itself is a healthier approach to it all. Now the lighter mornings are here, once I'm up I pull all the curtains back as I feel this is a strong message to my brain/body that this is what is. Many thanks for giving us your time this evening, all the best to the rest of the community.

• Sleepio Member

• 341 comments
    • 25 helped
    Graduate

Hi Valkaye, yes, this is my first expert session on Sleepio, although I have been joining the sessions to observe for the past few weeks.

• Sleepio Member

• 341 comments
    • 25 helped
    Graduate

Hi lonepine, I'm really pleased to hear that Sleepio is working so well for you. It sounds as though the techniques have been really helpful for you. Do you any other techniques to help these thoughts go away- during the day or at night? Great idea to expose yourself to natural sunlight when you get up also as this stops melatonin production, increasing wakefulness.

• Sleepio Member

• 208 comments
    • 62 helped
    Graduate

IThe expert sessions are a very valuable part of the programme as is is the community generally. It is a difficult programme to do and knowing that there are people out there rooting for you and ready with support and advice just makes it possible. I tried this before using Colin Espie's self help book and prior to that had dabbled with some of the techniques which i had been aware of for some time. But I just couldn't hack it on my own. But with the structure of Sleeio and the rock solid support of the team of experts and fellow Sleepios it became possible to actually do it and with good effect.

• Sleepio Member

• 341 comments
    • 25 helped
    Graduate

That's excellent Valkaye. So, it was more than just knowing about the techniques that was helpful for you- the structure and support seem to have been important in your success too.

• Sleepio Member

• 208 comments
    • 62 helped
    Graduate

very much so

• Sleepio Member

• 143 comments
    • 25 helped
    Graduate

Many thanks for your reply Dr Horne. I've used the thought checker, putting the day to rest. However this incident wouldn't allow my mind to benefit from the 2 techniques which I've found to be of great help. I've used the reading as a last resort which seems to help me.

• Sleepio Member

• 341 comments
    • 25 helped
    Graduate

That's useful feedback. I wonder if others have found the same?

• Sleepio Member

• 341 comments
    • 25 helped
    Graduate

I'm pleased you've found something that works for you.

• Sleepio Member

• 341 comments
    • 25 helped
    Graduate

Okay folks, that's the end of the session tonight. It was nice to 'meet' you all. I hope you sleep well tonight and continue to benefit from Sleepio and from the support and advice you provide for each other. Good Night.

• Sleepio Member

• 208 comments
    • 62 helped
    Graduate

good night and thanks

• Sleepio Member

• 1136 comments
    • 211 helped
    Graduate

The Sleepio structure and the community are synergistic,
    . The whole is more than the sum of the parts.

• Sleepio Member

• 1136 comments
    • 211 helped
    Graduate

Goodnight.

• Sleepio Member

• 341 comments
    • 25 helped
    Graduate

Good note to finish on Dream on, thanks everyone

Return to top