Live Discussion with Dr Gwen Keenan - 14th August

Dr Keenan will be hosting a live online discussion here on Wednesday 14th August 7pm-8pm (BST).

She will discuss as many topics as possible in the hour, starting with the most popular questions with answers being given in a way to give the most benefit to the general Community.

To have a say in which questions are answered, either:
+ post a question or comment ahead of the discussion, by clicking the blue ‘Add a comment’ button; or
+ vote on other people’s questions, by clicking the blue ‘Yes’ button underneath the relevant comment.

To keep up with new comments as they are posted you will need to 'refresh' this discussion page.

To do this:

- On PC hit 'Ctrl' and 'R' or the 'F5' key
- On Mac hit 'Command' or 'Apple' and 'R'

Posted 8 Aug 2013 at 5:22 PM
  • 33 comments
  • 9 helped

Comments

Show older comments
  • Sleepio Member

• 680 comments
    • 138 helped
    in reply to Sleepio Member
    Graduate

Sorry – a bit quick on the keyboard tonight!!

• Sleepio Member

• 409 comments
    • 91 helped
    Graduate

Hi lcsteiger, there is also a discussion thread regarding sleep difficulties and ME. I wonder if it might be helpful for you?
    https://www.sleepio.com/community/discussion/sleep-problems-with-post-viral-fatiguemecfs/

• Sleepio Member

• 1136 comments
    • 211 helped
    Graduate

Hi Dr Keenan, may I say that I think your reply to Tom 123 was superb. Graduates often have to reassure new members about SR and it is not easy as we know it can be really difficult. How do you feel about my copying your response to paste as part of my response to the fearful in the future?

• Sleepio Member

• 409 comments
    • 91 helped
    Graduate

That is okay- you have been a help for me on my first night! I wonder if you might have any tips for getting out of bed in the mornings?

• Sleepio Member

• 1136 comments
    • 211 helped
    Graduate

Ps I would of course acknowledge you.

• Sleepio Member

• 409 comments
    • 91 helped
    Graduate

Thank you! I am glad you thought that comment was helpful and of course you can use it. Any information that is helpful and reassuring should be shared. Thanks.

• Sleepio Member

• 680 comments
    • 138 helped
    Graduate

As a bit of a lark, I find getting straight up and on with my morning routine helps me avoid any drowsiness. My partner is more of an owl & needs a good half an hour to wake up before he gets up!

• Sleepio Member

• 409 comments
    • 91 helped
    Graduate

Only 10 minutes left…anyone else want to ask a question or leave a comment?

• Sleepio Member

• 1136 comments
    • 211 helped
    Graduate

Sorry more of us are absent tonight. We need better advertising of this session. Such a shame people. Have missed you.

• Sleepio Member

• 341 comments
    • 25 helped
    Graduate

Well done on your first live session Dr Keenan!

• Sleepio Member

• 680 comments
    • 138 helped
    Graduate

I think lots of people may be on holiday!

• Sleepio Member

• 409 comments
    • 91 helped
    Graduate

Thanks to all who joined me tonight. It has been a quiet evening however I think that has eased me gently into this role! Looking forward to coming on again. I hope this has been helpful. Goodnight!

• Sleepio Member

• 341 comments
    • 25 helped
    Graduate

Goodnight everyone!

• Sleepio Member

• 680 comments
    • 138 helped
    Graduate

Good night everyone – sleep well!

Good night Dr Keenan!

• Sleepio Member

• 868 comments
    • 269 helped
    Graduate

That was myself lauraow. Sometimes all I needed was 5 minutes lying flat with eyes shut. Something became rebalanced and my eyes opened naturally and I was actually refreshed. However I only have moderate ME and I worked around my ME with the approval of the Sleepio experts. I had an afternoon nap/lie down for about an hour. I rate my improvement of my CFS as mostly down to this afternoon pre-emptive rest.

• Sleepio Member

• 24 comments
    • 1 helped
    Graduate

Hello I just saw the time of discussion at the top of the page it says between 7pm.- 8pm. GMT time. So it might have been confusing to other people too.

• Sleepio Member

• 16 comments
    • 6 helped
    Session 4

I am in China so I couldn't attend the meeting however I have seen the responses by everyone here and they are very helpful. Thanks everyone. My sleep is terrible these days. Sometimes lying in bed for 10 hours, it is like a self fulfilling prophecy. I dont think I should be staying in bed lying awake, I should get up and do something.

• Sleepio Member

• 680 comments
    • 138 helped
    Graduate

Hi Suella, thanks for responding! I don't know if you are already posting on the thread Dr Keenan mentioned? Maybe you wouldn't mind sharing your experiences with lcsteiger?
    Nice to hear from you. Hope things are still going well? xx

• Sleepio Member

• 868 comments
    • 269 helped
    Graduate

Hi Laura,
    I posted fairly fully on both the threads that are in the discussions about ME/CFS and would be happy to be available for lcsteiger if they want to ask more. I don't think I have anything more to post generally about the illness and sleep, but am more than happy to answer any questions as they come up.

• Sleepio Member

• 305 comments
    • 19 helped
    Administrator

Hi Lynda A, thanks for pointing out that the time was in GMT instead of BST. Sorry for the confusion – we will make sure the correct timezone is posted next week (and in the future)!

Please don't hesitate to also get in touch with us at hello@sleepio.com if you notice anything else that is strange or if you have any questions at all!

Helena
    +++
    Sleepio Team

Return to top