Live Discussion with Dr Gwen Keenan - 11th September

Dr Keenan will be hosting a live online discussion here on Wednesday 11th September, 7pm-8pm (BST).

She will discuss as many topics as possible in the hour, starting with the most popular questions with answers being given in a way to give the most benefit to the general Community.

Posted 9 Sep 2013 at 11:27 AM
  • 84 comments
  • 0 helped

Comments

Show older comments
  • Sleepio Member

• 24 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

I think. To be honest I don't quite understand the whole SR thing

• Sleepio Member

• 409 comments
    • 91 helped
    Graduate

Okay, what session are you on? It sounds as if you are not having too few hours sleep but that it is at the wrong time?

• Sleepio Member

• 24 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

Right I just checked my schedule & my “in bed” bit is 8am-2.30pm

• Sleepio Member

• 219 comments
    • 36 helped
    Graduate

Thanks Lonepine. Great that that is working for you. I wonder if me going up and down with SE has been because I had a few earlier nights than my SR bedtime when I already felt sleepy tired, and maybe over-confident.

• Sleepio Member

• 219 comments
    • 36 helped
    Graduate

Nightjar suggested later bedtime for a few nights to sort dozing lighter later sleep, which makes sense.

• Sleepio Member

• 409 comments
    • 91 helped
    Graduate

I might need to ask our team to check your data to answer you fully and correctly. The purpose of sleep restriction is to build sleep pressure. This helps improve sleep efficiency and promotes deep sleep.

• Sleepio Member

• 24 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

Dr Gwen is your last comment to me?

• Sleepio Member

• 409 comments
    • 91 helped
    Graduate

For you it sounds as though you are managing to get sleep but that is is at the wrong time. Is that right? (These questions and comments are for Danielle

• Sleepio Member

• 24 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

Yes, i started sleepio coz I wanted to be able to go to sleep earlier & wake up earlier

• Sleepio Member

• 409 comments
    • 91 helped
    Graduate

For you then you should be able to gradually put your sleep threshold time back however you will also need to adjust your wake time so that it gets earlier. It is slightly different to those who are trying to increase their sleep window. Do you mind if I consult with our team as to how best to support you?

• Sleepio Member

• 143 comments
    • 25 helped
    Graduate

Hi Dr Keenan I was a bit confused with your reply to myself, did your comment relate to me 'going through the course' or sandrafleur.

• Sleepio Member

• 24 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

I'm waiting for the sonic bomb alarm clock to be delivered (coz i sruggle to wake up at the specified time) & then i was going to retake the sleep test & do the course again. Do you think that would be the best thing

• Sleepio Member

• 409 comments
    • 91 helped
    Graduate

Lonepine, I am sorry, this new format is a bit confusing!

• Sleepio Member

• 219 comments
    • 36 helped
    Graduate

I think I said I was going back to see what I'd missed.

• Sleepio Member

• 409 comments
    • 91 helped
    Graduate

Danielle, I need to look at your data to answer you fuly and I will do this tomorrow. As I said, your sleep problems are slightly different to those who are trying to increase their sleep time. I will be in touch soon.

• Sleepio Member

• 143 comments
    • 25 helped
    Graduate

I'm still getting use to the new format. At first it seemed ok when just reading it but tonight when replying I realised there is only so many letters allowed at a go Also a narrower therefore limited space to read or revisit other replies I'm replying to. Hope this makes some sense.

• Sleepio Member

• 409 comments
    • 91 helped
    Graduate

Lonepine77, apologies. I am not sure what comment you are referring to- it is difficult without having the names of who we are replying to at the top of the comment! I think my comment to you was just to say thanks for providing reassurance to others!

• Sleepio Member

• 219 comments
    • 36 helped
    Graduate

Thanks everyone, and good luck with the sleep.

• Sleepio Member

• 409 comments
    • 91 helped
    Graduate

Goodnight everyone and thanks for joining me. This format is taking a bit of getting used to. I hope everyone recognised what answer was for them and that it was helpful. Goodnight!

• Sleepio Member

• 24 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

OK. Thanks. Good night

Return to top