How Did You Sleep Last Night?

Tossed and turned? Out like a light? However you slept last night: share it here!

Posted 17 Aug 2011 at 3:23 PM
  • 7627 comments
  • 2310 helped

Comments

Show older comments
  • Sleepio Member

• 60 comments
    • 21 helped
    in reply to Sleepio Member
    Graduate

Also, noddy, benzodiazepines are pretty well known for causing dependence and requiring increased doses over time.

• Sleepio Member

• 2 comments
    • 1 helped
    Graduate

I just started week three, I almost had a full night sleep, 89% efficiency, and my body is screaming for more bed time, it's hard. Need a coffee or something this Sunday morning :)

• Sleepio Member

• 4 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

I also found the restricted sleep week quite tough.
    Although I seem to be sleeping better than some people here.
    I found myself staying awake longer than my earliest sleep time, just to make sure I would go to sleep when I finally went to bed.
    I can't deal with getting in and out of bed just because I am not going straight to sleep within 15 minutes.
    Maybe I should have selected a later bedtime at the start of the week? :)

But in the morning I also adjusted my wake up time to match the sleep time I was expecting. Which seemed to work okay.

So the average night was 90% efficiency. With just one bad 75% night.

After the week I am feeling fairly tired so I'm looking forward to longer sleep this week… If I can maintain 90% efficiency or better I should be okay.

• Sleepio Member

• 42 comments
    • 4 helped
    Graduate

I think you are doing OK. My average is about 39%-42% and has been for over six months. 75% would be wonderful.

• Sleepio Member

• 2 comments
    • 1 helped
    Graduate

I am praying for you noddy that you have a restful sleep this and the weeks to come.

• Sleepio Member

• 11 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

You wouldn't believe how much better I have slept when I don't feel sick anymore..im not tired or dragging I can so totally tell the difference in everything…

• Sleepio Member

• 15 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

YES. I can't count the things I've tried that gave me so much hope, then stopped working after a day or two. It's crushing. Some have been relaxation techniques, some mindfulness things, some things like self-talk. Not many seem to work more than a few times, although some I've found if I keep at them, my brain eventually seems to associate them with a non-anxious state. The sensory-based ones (sometimes called “grounding”) seem to do that best for me.

Thanks for posting this. I find this whole thing extremely frustrating. I've gone from pretty regularly getting 6 to even 8 hours of sleep almost every night to 4, 5, 6 just in the last week, and I can't figure out why.

• Sleepio Member

• 3 comments
    • 0 helped
    Session 2

I don't sleep at all how do I restrict my sleep window

• Sleepio Member

• 511 comments
    • 183 helped
    Graduate

In session 3 Prof will give you your bedtime and getting up time and you will work with that. I didn't sleep at all when I joined sleepio unless I took a sleeping tablet, even then it was only 3 1/2 to 4 hours max. Plus sleeping pills are really horrible to use. I was only on them for a few weeks.

So when Prof gave me 1.15 am bedtime, and 6.15 getting up time it was really hard. Plus of course up and down the stairs at night because I couldn't sleep. It was unpleasant to say the least, but insomnia is unpleasant and unless you do something about it like CBT, then your insomnia will continue.

At session 2 you haven't started yet, just do what Prof asks of you and you will start to sleep. It's a bit haphazard to start with, some nights sleeping and some nights not but it evens out in the end.

Give it a good go, it isn't a quick fix, but it works. I sleep well now and so glad I persevered.

Ve

• Sleepio Member

• 1 comments
    • 0 helped
    Session 2

Hi everyone,

I've been waking up this last week around 4-5 am every day like clockwork. Any idea why this may be happening out of the blue?

• Sleepio Member

• 10 comments
    • 0 helped
    Session 2

I love all our cats/kittens; 9 total. Five of the nine came in one at a time at 10pm. Socks, Jr. first, Cara and then Tara. Sock's Sr. and Patrick were next. I tried to fall asleep shortly after 10 pm and dose off at 10:15 and was awakened at 10:30pm. My hubby's alarm went off at 6:40 am and I got up at 6:50 not 6:45 am.

• Sleepio Member

• 1 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

Why is it I still wake at 5am ever morning even though the clocks went forward? I am so very tired.

• Sleepio Member

• 511 comments
    • 183 helped
    Graduate

I think it depends on age sometimes on how much sleep you get. I have found I get around 5 to 6 hours mainly solid sleep and although I would like the 8 hours that people seem to crave for I find that I do well on the amount I get and in any case it doesn't look like I am going to get any longer amounts of sleep, been on here a long time now. I am a little older than a teenager, my brain is on overload now.

So ask yourself a few questions, like 'am I doing all that Prof advises me to do', am I getting enough exercise and eating healthily etc.

Don't know how long you have been with sleepio but it does take time to get to the place that you want to be. Keep at it.

Ve

• Sleepio Member

• 1 comments
    • 1 helped
    Graduate

I've run into a new problem. I fall asleep right away but wake up after 15-45 minutes and then am awake for a couple of hours. I feel like I'm regressing both in sleep efficiency and total hours slept. Not as bad as when I started but definitely heading the wrong direction. Thoughts?

• Sleepio Member

• 511 comments
    • 183 helped
    Graduate

Make sure you get up if you cannot sleep after waking. Sometimes a trip to the bathroom is all that it needs. But don't lay in bed awake when you should be sleeping. Put QHR into action and the sooner you will get to sleep.

The sleepio programme isn't always progression, sometimes we go into regression, which we call a blip!

Ve

• Sleepio Member

• 7 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

Last night was somewhat remarkable. I went to bed at 12:15 pm and after like 20 mins being unable to sleep I went to watch tv. I selected a promising documentary about ET live searching in the Solar System and beyod… it turned to be veeeery slooow. I got asleep in the coach watching it. Nevertheless I got awake at 5.30 aprox. I went back to bed and at 8:00 I got up. A very nice night, in any case.

• Sleepio Member

• 7 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

Last night was somewhat remarkable. I went to bed at 12:15 pm and after like 20 mins being unable to sleep I went to watch tv. I selected a promising documentary about ET live searching in the Solar System and beyod… it turned to be veeeery slooow. I got asleep in the coach watching it. Nevertheless I got awake at 5.30 aprox. I went back to bed and at 8:00 I got up. A very nice night, in any case.

• Sleepio Member

• 511 comments
    • 183 helped
    Graduate

I am glad you had a good sleep Pedro, it will help you through the day.

Be careful not to start something that takes you away from Prof's instructions. The idea is that you learn to sleep in your bed, so if you can't sleep get up as you did, but go back to bed and try and sleep there rather than in front of the TV and on the settee.

However, it is good that you can sleep, so if you can sleep on the settee you can sleep in your bed. Maybe you can imagine the solar system if you cannot sleep, maybe that night make you drop off…....zzzzzz.

Ve

• Sleepio Member

• 19 comments
    • 1 helped
    Graduate

I have this too: off to sleep promptly then awake again at midnight. I get up, have a little very light snack, and then try to sleep again. Not worrying about it is the best thing I have found to do. That may not be helpful, but it does work for me. Instead of sitting on the sofa awake, doing the 15 minute thing, with nothing on, a very tiny snack while I am up seems to me a better use of my time. Hanging about awake with no books, TV, or laptop, I find very irritating, so it doesn't help to get back to sleep. A little bit of comfort does.

• Sleepio Member

• 2 comments
    • 1 helped
    Graduate

Well, I haven't had very much sleep in over a week. Last Thursday my kitty had all her teeth removed and it's been like having a newborn in the house again (it's been 28 years since I've had deal with that). She is an outside only cat so she is having a hard time being inside all this time and it's keeping me up at all hours because she will wake me up early in the morning and then she wants to stay up all night scratching at the door wanting to go back outside. I know I'm not supposed to take a long nap but I try to lie down and take one when she is napping as well. I have to also sit in the floor and hold a plate so that she will eat because she will refuse it if I don't and it's killing my legs and back sitting in the hard floor with her. Between taking care of her I have to also feed my in laws (both in laws are older and not well) cats who live inside and I can't let my cat out of the bedroom because the inside cats hate my cat and her brother who both live outside. I try to spend as much time outside with her brother as well because he's never been by himself so I don't want him to get depressed from missing her. He's doing okay so far but is still moping around looking for her. She goes back to the vet this Thursday to see if her mouth is healed enough to let her go back outside and then maybe I'll get some sleep if that happens. The weird thing is before all this happened I had just bought a new pillow and was getting so much better sleep than I have been. So everyone send good vibes that she will get to go back to her outside home and I will finally get some sleep again. :D

Return to top