How Did You Sleep Last Night?

Tossed and turned? Out like a light? However you slept last night: share it here!

Posted 17 Aug 2011 at 3:23 PM
  • 7577 comments
  • 2298 helped

Comments

Show older comments
  • Sleepio Member

• 11 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

Only 6 and a half hours :/

• Sleepio Member

• 120 comments
    • 27 helped
    in reply to Sleepio Member
    Graduate

Hi JLM
    Sorry your sleep wasn't good. Was it just one night?
    If so I wouldn't worry too much, if you check around other Sleepio's posts you will see that this happens to others too. Just put it behind you -- remember that you have been sleeping well -- this was just a blip.
    Don't dwell on this one bad night .
    If it continues, check your wind down routine to see if you have lapsed at all. Also make sure you continue with your relaxing techniques during the day. Are you exercising? I find that a 20 minute walk each day is a big help.
    It does take time for our brains to reprogramme and accept the changes we are trying to make and there are often blips on the way, when we least expect them.
    Hope you have a better night.
    Megwich

• Sleepio Member

• 153 comments
    • 62 helped
    Graduate

Hello JLM

Six and a half hours is not bad and I would say it is probably par for the course, especially if you have not been a graduate for very long and this is just one bad night I am now in Week 26 and still get less than 7 hours which is slightly less than 90% Sleep Efficiency.

As Megwich says, you have to remember that you can sleep and don't let one bad night depress or worry you too much. Keep your spirits and your determination up, stick to your wind down routine and the Prof's tools and you will be fine.

• Sleepio Member

• 452 comments
    • 155 helped
    Graduate

Six and a half hours is fantastic, enjoy it and be proud that you sleep that much. I have been with sleepio over 2 years and I get between 5 and 6 hours sleep and when I get up in the morning I feel great that I am no longer an insomniac. Yes I would like more time asleep but I manage well on what I get.

Well done JLM, keep on course you may gradually start to sleep more, time will tell.

Ve

• Sleepio Member

• 2 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

I slept well last night and feel rested for a change. I have found that Sleepio has helped me get to sleep more easily because it has reduced my anxiety about getting to sleep by reassuring me that my body will cope and catch up if it really needs sleep. I am not taking any sleep aids (like pills). I have found that they actually interfere with my sleep the following night. I have found that putting racing thoughts in the thought locker helpful too. Also, the cutting out of alcohol 4 hours before sleep (especially red wine) has helped too. If I want a glass of red wine, I have it earlier and that seems to work better for my sleep. I am still in the middle of the course, but so far it has been very helpful.

• Sleepio Member

• 84 comments
    • 34 helped
    Graduate

Hello Oakville, it's good for you to be touching base with the Community. It helps to share and bounce things off of others in similar circumstances as yourself. It's a wonderfully helpful community of fellow “sleep seekers”. I'm glad for you that things are already looking better. You've started into the heart and core of the program at week three. Many of us found it to be slow-going in the early weeks, but patience, perseverance and determination will get you through, along with a positive and hopeful mindset. Keep in touch via your profile page and the discussion pages.
    All the best, Chickatee

• Sleepio Member

• 452 comments
    • 155 helped
    Graduate

Good message to Oakville Chickatte7, just one thing to add to that. 'Repitition' every night when you find something is working helps to get that body clock on the mend.

Yes it really is a slow start, and all those things you mentioned are imperative for a good result.

Best wishes

Ve

• Sleepio Member

• 84 comments
    • 34 helped
    Graduate

Yes, I agree, repetition every night is highly beneficial. Thanks for that addition.

• Sleepio Member

• 452 comments
    • 155 helped
    Graduate

My sleep gets better and better as I continue with Prof's rules. The quality is better than I have ever had, even better than when I was a good sleeper.

So keep with it everyone. Being repetitive at bedtime is certainly the way to go. I found a bedtime that suits me for all occasions, like holidays and going out in the evening. It is later than I used to go to bed before insomnia, but it's no bother at all now.

I get up in the morning when I am ready, I usually have about a 10 minute lay in after waking up, but I love getting up knowing that I have had a really good sleep.

Ve

• Sleepio Member

• 1 comments
    • 0 helped
    Session 3

It seems so easy for the people around me. I have to fight for a few precious minutes, and even then, I'm not sure what I would do without Ambien.

I'm working on it. It's a goal, and a goal worth achieving.

• Sleepio Member

• 11 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

I got up early because I had a massive headache :/

• Sleepio Member

• 452 comments
    • 155 helped
    Graduate

Hi JLM, sorry you had a bad headache. Make sure you have a good pillow to keep your head supported while you sleep. Talking of sleep, how are you getting on?

Ve

• Sleepio Member

• 452 comments
    • 155 helped
    Graduate

Hi Marichee, I can assure you it isn't easy learning to sleep, but by following Prof's rules you will get there, it takes time and perseverance and sleep comes gradually, good nights and bad nights. I see you are on week 3 and at the very beginning so be confident that Sleepio works and keep in touch with the community and get the help and support that you may need as you progress through this programme.

Ve

• Sleepio Member

• 8 comments
    • 1 helped
    Session 5

I slept better last night, I feel more rested this morning.

• Sleepio Member

• 11 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

I am doing a lot better. Thank you :)

• Sleepio Member

• 452 comments
    • 155 helped
    Graduate

Hi Annie, it's great that you had a good sleep during session 3. You can look forward to many more nights like that as you progress through the programme.

Ve

• Sleepio Member

• 8 comments
    • 1 helped
    Session 5

I went to sleep fine last night then I woke me up. It took while before I could fall sleep gain. I use C-Pap with oxygen hooked in the tube. When I roll over it wakes me up.

• Sleepio Member

• 8 comments
    • 1 helped
    Session 5

Whoops I need to proof read! I didn't wake me up!

• Sleepio Member

• 452 comments
    • 155 helped
    Graduate

Hi Annie, it must take some getting used to using a C-Pap for which I guess you have sleep aponea. I hope this sleep course can help you. I don't know much about your condition but I think there are articles in the library.

Best wishes

Ve

• Sleepio Member

• 16 comments
    • 1 helped
    Graduate

I’m in week 5 and doing well (+90% SE for a fortnight so far). Just tonight though I have to say I’d love a cuppa! Off to make a herbal alternative now. I’ve found that I don’t get up so much to the loo since starting Sleepio so I must stick to the rules.

Return to top