How did YOU discover Sleepio?

I'm interested in seeing how people came to it – from my point of view it was completely accidental and it seems several others were the same.

So: how did you come to join Sleepio?

Posted 23 Feb 2012 at 3:42 PM
  • 125 comments
  • 10 helped

Comments

Show older comments
  • Sleepio Member

• 453 comments
    • 182 helped
    Graduate

Hi there, I found Sleepio on a tv programme last summer, but when I googled it, I saw I wasn’t in the right geographical area to go on the course. But having various health problems, I asked if I could join.
    Best. Thing. Ever!! My sleep has gone from 2.5 – 4 hours a night up to 6+ hours of better quality sleep.
    I’m so grateful :))
    It’s tough but worth the agony of SR and QHR!!
    Kurly :)

• Sleepio Member

• 23 comments
    • 13 helped
    Graduate

Like others, I first came across Sleepio through a TV programme in July 2019. I'm not a great joiner but a friend urged me to try it especially as I lived in the right area for access. I'm so glad I did. Though I'm not sleeping a lot longer, my sleep efficiency has gone up and I feel better. Will continue with SR which has reduced long spells of wakefulness and given me more time in the early morning.

• Sleepio Member

• 52 comments
    • 22 helped
    Graduate

I went to a Sleep Clinic to see a Sleep Consultant in the Queen Victoria hospital at East Grinstead. I was offered the course there but couldn’t get to the course as it was quite a distance for me. The Sleep Consultant told me that CBTi was the only thing that worked with Insomnia which he had diagnosed me with. I ended up going online to try and find a local CBTi course and came across Sleepio which was the same course offered at the hospital. I wasn’t in the catchment areas so I asked if I could go on the course and was offered it in days. So glad I took the course online as I have it for a year.
    I am so grateful for being on the course.

It’s changed my sleep definitely for the better was averaging 4 hours sleep for 15 years. I am currently averaging just over six hours.

It’s also made me a more positive person and made me think of my sleep in a different way.

LoM

• Sleepio Member

• 14 comments
    • 9 helped
    Graduate

A family practice physician recommended it, and so did a local sleep doctor.

• Sleepio Member

• 2 comments
    • 0 helped
    Session 5

I became aware if Sleepio from The Recovery College.They are doing a podcast on Sleep & wellbeing this week.I just joined last night.Early days yet to know if it will work but my sleep anxiety & depression are that bad at the moment that I have nothing to loose by trying it,I'm desperate

• Sleepio Member

• 4 comments
    • 2 helped
    Graduate

Recommended by my doctor. I was sceptical to begin with and found the 1st 2 sessions tedious and patronising. I only came back to the 3rd session because I felt like I had to at least complete the programme and do some work myself before going back to the doctor.

I'm now in my second week of SR and, although I'm really tired (no change there then), I think it could work! I got an extra 15 minutes a couple of days ago and it felt like I'd been given a 'gold star on my homework chart' :D .

• Sleepio Member

• 12 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

I read some articles of Freeman D, and I discovered the program

• Sleepio Member

• 32 comments
    • 10 helped
    Graduate

I found it completely by accident. I had been browsing the internet for sleep related things e.g. weighted blankets and white noise machines and I stumbled across Sleepio. I signed up without knowing anything about it – I'd seen a programme about Sleep restriction years ago and thought it wasn't for me, as in I couldn't possibly stick with it – but I have and am amazed at the difference Sleepio's approach has made to my attitude to sleep

• Sleepio Member

• 1 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

My doctor recommended it.

• Sleepio Member

• 1 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

The Company I work for 'Dow Jones' offers Sleepio at no additional cost. I'll give a try …. let's see if Sleepio improves the quality of my sleep. thank you sleepio!

• Sleepio Member

• 1 comments
    • 0 helped
    Session 3

Recommended by Occupational Health as I work in NHS and I am just returning to Work after 6 months Long Term Sick and I have continued Sleep Issues

• Sleepio Member

• 2 comments
    • 1 helped
    Graduate

Sleepio was one of the few tools of advice on offer by the NHS during the corvid pandemic.

• Sleepio Member

• 13 comments
    • 4 helped
    Graduate

A link from Buoy

• Sleepio Member

• 1 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

Mentioned in a work email relating to Wellbeing issues

• Sleepio Member

• 5 comments
    • 1 helped
    Session 4

So I was at a sleepover with my friend and I asked her how do you get to sleep so fast and she said Sleepio I had no idea what she was talking

• Sleepio Member

• 5 comments
    • 1 helped
    Session 4

About and so I looked it up and signed myself up ☝and I love it!

• Sleepio Member

• 1 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

Before the covid crisis, I had got to the stage were I was waking frequently at night. My Doctor had told me that some cognitive methods were the best way of treating it, but I did not follow it up.

Then came the Covid crisis and there were no practitioners available to advise me. But I remembered my Doctor's opinion and did a web search. SLEEPIO came out close to the top of the list. I found its origin was in my home city of Glasgow, Scotland.

I found it logical, informative, encouraging, and tough. The 'Prof' character (plus dog) has this brilliant West of Scotland tenor accent. I stayed the course and now wake up only once a night. For retired person, that is OK. I have graduated and, so far, I am hugely better at sleeping.

I shall be writing to my doctor to tell her the good news.

• Sleepio Member

• 2 comments
    • 1 helped
    Session 3

My gp prescribed me sleeping tablets and told me to try this also

• Sleepio Member

• 7 comments
    • 8 helped
    Graduate

I found Sleepio via the Scottish Parliament and the www.promis.com they set up to help NHS and carers through this pandemic.

I'm so glad I did, it's life changing

• Sleepio Member

• 1 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

Sleepio was recommended by the RCN, a Union for Nurses. They recommended it if you were suffering stress and sleeplessness during the Pandemic. It’s helped me tremendously.

Return to top