General chit chat

I thought this would be a good place to talk about anything off topic, just generally have a chat about anything, to save other discussions being overloaded and keep them free for purpose

Posted 24 Oct 2012 at 1:52 PM
  • 66 comments
  • 17 helped

Comments

Show older comments
  • Sleepio Member

• 1 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

I have had insomnia for several years now and I believe that my work schedule plays a HUGE factor in it. I have Mondays off, Tues/Wed/Thurs I work either 8am-8pm or 9am-9pm with alternating weekends (about every 3rd weekend I work. I can't seem to wind down til like 1 am and I get up at 5:45 am everyday. Any suggestions????

• Sleepio Member

• 49 comments
    • 9 helped
    in reply to Sleepio Member
    Graduate

Between which times is your sleep window? If you're only on week 3, I would expect things to be rather bumpy as you describe.

• Sleepio Member

• 12 comments
    • 1 helped
    Graduate

Well when I use to work midnights 20 years ago I was in heaven. I could not make the money that I make on dayshift so where I make good money i lack good sleep. wow

• Sleepio Member

• 12 comments
    • 1 helped
    Graduate

Wow this is deep. I seem to have to much life to live in such a short period of time and I now have an online job which requires a lot of webinars and income producing activities to do after my day job. Your post helps me think though.

• Sleepio Member

• 12 comments
    • 1 helped
    Graduate

Wow this is deep. I seem to have to much life to live in such a short period of time and I now have an online job which requires a lot of webinars and income producing activities to do after my day job. Your post helps me think though.

• Sleepio Member

• 3 comments
    • 1 helped
    Graduate

Hello,
    I'm new here and I am thankful for the opportunity. I have high hopes this program will help me with my issues. Eight years is too many! Mine started when I got on night shift. I am a morning person, always have been. Well… I was a morning person. Now I am a grouchy, restless night owl. I wish you all many hours of restful sleep!

• Sleepio Member

• 341 comments
    • 116 helped
    Graduate

How are you getting on shopgirl? I hope you have found sleepio helpful.

Ve

• Sleepio Member

• 15 comments
    • 1 helped
    Graduate

I'm back on Sleepio as had to stop 18 months ago when my mum got ill and I was travelling between Ireland & UK to look after her. Sadly she passed recently and my sleeps gone crazy. So, here I am back to try get my sleep and life back! As I'm feeling the result of no sleep/poor sleep hitting me.

• Sleepio Member

• 341 comments
    • 116 helped
    Graduate

Very sad about your mum, I know how you feel as both of my parents have died. It does leave a big hole in life when we lose parents and it is bound to upset your sleep routine. Allow yourself to grieve UrsieT and in time the pain lessens and life goes on. Do your best with what Prof asks of you. Your mum will want you to sleep, so try and think of the good times you spent with her and know that she is no longer in any pain and is at rest.

Best wishes

Ve

• Sleepio Member

• 1 comments
    • 0 helped
    Session 4

Hi there anybody,
    I'm in my first few weeks of the programme and find it hard going. I've completed my first week's diary but nothing seems to be happening, I'm not getting any feedback! Is this usual? Am I jumping to conclussions thinking I've made a mistake? Should I perservere?

• Sleepio Member

• 96 comments
    • 20 helped
    Graduate

Hi Parklands; have you clicked on the green link that says “visit the prof” at the end of completing your first weeks sleep diary? this will take you through your next session with The Prof, giving you your next weeks tools and instructions, plus give you a summary of your weeks sleep diary that you have just submitted.
    EO

• Sleepio Member

• 13 comments
    • 2 helped
    Graduate

During my relaxation time I listen to Marconi Union – Weightless – I think they consulted Sleep therapists during composition and it has warnings not to listen to whilst or before driving. Also Moby has offered a free download of music he composed for his own yoga, mediation and sleep. In case useful for anyone. I struggled with sleep restriction to begin with but it is working and I have now won an extra 15 mins, a week after graduation. I feel better than I have for a long time. X

• Sleepio Member

• 341 comments
    • 116 helped
    Graduate

What a lovely message Salsify. Great that you feel better than you have for a long time. Getting an extra 15 minutes from Prof is a real achievement, he doesn't give them away lightly, you have to earn it by doing as he says and then reaping the rewards. I remember when my bedtime was 1.15 am, and when I got my first 15 minutes and could go to bed at 1 o'clock it was brilliant.

Keep working at it and you will gradually progress.

Ve

• Sleepio Member

• 5 comments
    • 0 helped
    Session 3

Hi I suppose there are only so many on each course ,I don't think you should expect it to be like Facebook etc,but if you feel you need to chat TRY responding to other people on this site ,just a suggestion
    And yes you could be right about sleepio community they may well be too tired to respond or even go on this chit chat bit ,
    Cheer up I am sure you will find topics to comment on and people will respond ,good luck with your journey to better sleep I hope we all benefit from this program
    Best wishes and enjoy your weekend Cassi x

• Sleepio Member

• 5 comments
    • 0 helped
    Session 3

Hi I filled in my diary each day but when I did the second stage I and the prof noticed missed days so now I will have to keep a paper diary as well as on the computer why is this and what did I do wrong
    Have a happy weekend cassie

• Sleepio Member

• 53 comments
    • 10 helped
    Graduate

Sounds like a glitch on the Sleepio end Cassie
    I guess these things can happen but why you…right !?
    I have not heard of this problem before on here though to tell the truth
    The idea of the paper trail is a good back up as the diary is such an important component of the programme
    Filling in the diary first thing in the morning is best so you have better recall and don't forget to do it
    However you are already likely doing this
    Good luck :)

• Sleepio Member

• 55 comments
    • 8 helped
    Graduate

This is probably a stupid comment, but did you remember to “save” (bottom RH corner) after each entry?.....I know that I've almost forgotten this on occasions. Also, I've noticed that my entries are more likely to go awry when I enter them from my phone than from my computer.

• Sleepio Member

• 5 comments
    • 0 helped
    Session 3

Hi Doodle thanks for that comm I did fill in my duration my phone so now I am doing it on my tablet hop that works this week
    I have a feeling that I maybe the kind of person that doesn't need much sleep but then I look at the impact it has on me sometimes and wonder
    Hey no who knows I don't so I will carry on with the program and hopefully get a better nights sleep by the end hope you are enjoying the Easter break from cassie

• Sleepio Member

• 5 comments
    • 0 helped
    Session 3

Sorry wasn't paying attention to predictive Ted so half of my comma don't make sense cassie

• Sleepio Member

• 55 comments
    • 8 helped
    Graduate

Hello Cassi,

I hope you're enjoying the Easter hols.

I'd be interested to know if using your computer rather than the phone fixes your problem. I'm a bit of a technodinosaur, so I never know whether problems I experience are because of me, or the system.

I think that your hope that Sleepio will improve your sleep is well-founded….I'm certainly banking on it…..I havn't found anything yet that's a credible plan B.

I think that through the magic of SR we will naturally discover how much sleep we need. As long as our SE is good the Prof. will continue to give us an extra quarter hour. When SE stops being good we won't get a quarter hour, so we'll know that's the length our window should be, plus or minus a quarter hour.

Good wishes for your sleep progress,

Doodle.

Return to top