Format of Expert Sessions

Hi everyone, I would value your comments on the future format of the Expert Sessions. We are considering a change in the next couple of months. The intention is to cover issues which apply to a specific session of the programme for the majority of each hour, followed by time at the end for other issues. Therefore, it may be that one week we would cover completing your sleep diary ( session 1) any difficulties encountered etc with time at the end for any other questions about the programme in general. The next week we may cover session 2 and so on. We would continue to post relevant material such as links and references. What are your thoughts?

Posted 1 Jun 2013 at 8:53 PM
  • 12 comments
  • 5 helped

Comments

• Sleepio Member

• 874 comments
    • 212 helped
    Graduate

Sounds like a brilliant idea, whereas members can look back at specific expert sessions and look back and refer to any questions they may need answers too

You have my vote Dr Espie !

• Sleepio Member

• 8 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

I live in Australia and cannot take part in the live sessions, but do enjoy reading them later. This sounds a good idea to try out. Ginger

• Sleepio Member

• 243 comments
    • 50 helped
    in reply to Sleepio Member
    Session 3

Thanks, that's really helpful. I'll wait for a week or two Andy and see if there are more comments.

• Sleepio Member

• 61 comments
    • 19 helped
    Graduate

I think that this would be helpful as long as there is adequate time for those who are in need of asking questions outside of the topic of that particular week. Maybe having 2 sessions per week would be more beneficial. One being for the topic at hand and one session for miscellaneous questions and follow up. Just throwing that out there but not really sure if anyone else would like that.

• Sleepio Member

• 13 comments
    • 4 helped
    Session 4

It's a good idea but maybe splitting it so that the first hour is based on a particular session and the second hour is general chat. If someone is on Session 3 or someone is only just starting and you are covering say Session 5, you won't neccessarily attract those couple of people.

• Sleepio Member

• 1136 comments
    • 211 helped
    Graduate

I feel there is a lot in the previous two replies. Either an extension or two sessions.
    Also thought would need to be given to the retreivability of past sessions?
    After the six sessions would you start again at Session 1.?
    Could the people on the relevant session the week it was coming up be emailed?

• Sleepio Member

• 167 comments
    • 41 helped
    Graduate

I think the expert sessions are most needed for new people.

• Sleepio Member

• 512 comments
    • 191 helped
    Graduate

I agree with Nightlight, and I'm a fan of the recently revived Grad Chat.

When I started I found the live sessions incredibly useful, though, and I'm not sure it would have helped very much if I'd found my 'first' one had only been relevant to – say – session 6. It might have put me off. How about starting the session with say 15 mins of general chat, and then focussing on a special subject or session?

• Sleepio Member

• 243 comments
    • 50 helped
    Session 3

Hi everyone, I've taken on board all of your comments – many thanks. We are considering the position but won't make any changes for the next month or so. Watch this space!

• Sleepio Member

• 4 comments
    • 0 helped
    Session 5

Could you please help me I am stuck on Session 2, at the Bedroom

• Sleepio Member

• 4 comments
    • 0 helped
    Session 5

Could you please help me I am stuck on Session 2, at the Bedroom

• Sleepio Member

• 3 comments
    • 0 helped
    Session 1

I'm having trouble with the interactive sessions. I have not been able to complete session 1 because I need a new operating system in order to update the necessary plugins. Is there an alternative way of presenting the material and completing the sessions? I tried completing the session there and it didn't work at all, probably for the same reason. Please advise.

Return to top