Dealing with tiredness headaches

A place for Sleepio members to discuss how they can deal with headaches due to tiredness.

Posted 31 Mar 2015 at 2:28 PM
  • 4 comments
  • 2 helped

Comments

• Sleepio Member

• 21 comments
    • 9 helped
    Graduate

I’ve suffered from tiredness headaches (not migraine) for years and I’ve noticed that since starting Sleep Restriction I’ve been getting them more often and they’re more severe, the obvious solution to these are painkillers but I’d prefer not to begin that daily cycle.

How do people deal with the frequency of tiredness headaches and what do they find best to ease the pain without painkillers or going back to bed?

• Sleepio Member

• 21 comments
    • 9 helped
    Graduate

Well again I’ve woken up with a headache this morning and caffeine seems to be the obvious solution as sleeping at my desk appears to be frowned upon for some reason.

• Sleepio Member

• 219 comments
    • 36 helped
    Graduate

Hi onezerodark, headaches and poor sleep do go together for me too. I don;t have any better suggestion than you make, but hope your sleep improves soon. SR is a big change and does eventually concentrate sleep so the quality improves, but on hte way there it is tough. I definitely have better sleep (did Sleepio first last summer) and when that drops I know hte reason why and how to get it back. Usually it is a form of SR – going to bed later or getting up middle of night because I'm lying awake, and sticking ot same getting up time. I feel much more in control of my sleep quality now but weeks 3 until when you feel a change for hte better are hardest. Scheduling less pressure if possible is best. Good luck for your sleep improvement.

• Sleepio Member

• 5 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

Coming to the end of week 3 and was really struggling with the headaches for the last two days. Ended up falling asleep this afternoon for nearly two hour (ooops) but now the headache has gone, but I suspect I'm in for a bad night sleep…. haven't done so well today, but I'm really struggling with a 5 hour SR. I'd rather not go down the painkiller route.

Return to top