Calling all Sleepio users! Would you be interested in sharing your experience?

If you have had a positive experience with Sleepio and believe that others could benefit too, then we'd love to hear from you. We're looking for Sleepio users who are happy to share their story about their sleep and their experience.

If you'd like to find out more about how you can spread the word and help others to get better sleep, please let us know by replying to this thread or email press@sleepio.com . We look forward to hearing from you!

Posted 9 Nov 2018 at 11:25 AM
  • 14 comments
  • 1 helped

Comments

• Sleepio Member

• 291 comments
    • 139 helped
    Graduate

Would you be able to let us know what is involved, what we would be doing, amount of time expected, etc.? Thank you.

• Sleepio Member

• 223 comments
    • 7 helped
    Administrator

Hi Auntie Hoho,

Thanks for your interest! I apologize for the delay while I waited for the team handling this to get back to me on your request for more info.

Initially, it would just involve a conversation with a member of our team, who are in the process of compiling case study stories to see if it's something you and they would like to take forward. They can talk you through everything that's involved. Could you email press@sleepio.com if you're happy to have an initial chat?

Thank you again!

Shanna
    +++
    Sleepio Team
    hello@sleepio.com

• Sleepio Member

• 27 comments
    • 4 helped
    Graduate

Sleepio has turned my sleep around in a new direction. I would be very happy to do this.

• Sleepio Member

• 1 comments
    • 0 helped
    Session 5

I'd be willing to share my experience with Sleepio.

• Sleepio Member

• 15 comments
    • 7 helped
    Graduate

So you specifically want people who've had a good experience with it? You're uninterested in folks who've had a bad experience with it?

• Sleepio Member

• 2 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

Have had great improvements in sleep quality since following this course and I am positive I will benefit further as time progresses.

• Sleepio Member

• 2 comments
    • 0 helped
    in reply to Sleepio Member
    Graduate

Sorry to hear you are struggling I had problems when I first started and was not convinced this would work. My problem was worrying that I would not sleep and I would convince myself before ever getting into bed that I would have a bad night and one bad night led to another. Try and stick with the course it was hard but over time it worked for me.
    Best of luck.

• Sleepio Member

• 1 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

The prof had a tip: don't do anything but sleep in your bed to make the sleep connection in your mind with the bed. I stopped turning on the television and watching from my bed to “unwind” before bed, or catch the weather before I get up. Within 3 nights I am going to sleep easier and sooner; I don't toss and turn or take 2 hours to fall asleep. I hope this is the solution to getting to sleep sooner!

• Sleepio Member

• 12 comments
    • 6 helped
    Graduate

I would be happy to share my experiences of Sleepio. I have suffered from intermittent insomnia all my life and was becoming increasingly frustrated by the cycle of poor sleep, low energy and low mood. Then I came across the Sleepio programme by chance in the Guardian. The impact the programme has had on my sleep has been a revelation. I stick to a very structured wind down routine and no longer read in bed, and I find the CBT techniques really helpful in managing my racing mind. The result is that I now go to sleep more easily and although I still wake in the night, I go straight back to sleep. Most significantly, I feel empowered by the programme and I no longer dread going to bed and facing long hours tossing and turning. I feel that I have taken control and my whole attitude to sleep has changed in really positive ways. Can’t thank Sleepio enough!

• Sleepio Member

• 223 comments
    • 7 helped
    Administrator

Hi NeverRefreshed,

I'm sorry for the confusion. We're absolutely interested in folks who didn't find the program helpful. We do also like to speak to people with less than positive feedback, as we appreciate tough love is instrumental to the program improving.

Our Product team regularly takes in negative feedback, so we can learn where and what to improve. It's just that in this specific instance, we were seeking positive feedback to share with the media.

If you'd like, I'm happy to set up a time to speak and gather your feedback, good and bad, to share with our Product team.

If so, pease send me an email to my attention (Shanna) at hello@sleepio.com, with a good contact number and a few blocks of time that work for you!

All the best,

Shanna
    +++
    Sleepio Team
    hello@sleepio.com

• Sleepio Member

• 1 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

I've been doing Sleepio right at 4 weeks now. Basically, my sleep problem started during menopause when I wasn't getting restful sleep at night. Falling asleep was never my problem, it was staying asleep and sleeping too lightly so I heard my hubby when he'd get up at 2:50 am to get ready for work. Trying to get back to sleep after that took up to 2 hrs and then I was maybe lucky to get another 1-1 1/2 hrs before my 6:15 alarm woke me. I probably went about 10 years not ever remembering a dream. Now I sometimes remember 1-2 a night. That's a good sign that I am getting to that Quality night's rest which I so desperately needed during those 10 years. Only now some of the issues have been due to a HIGH-Stress job and working overtime since mid-July of last year. I work in the insurance industry and am an assistant to a local agent. It's been an extremely bad year for the farmers what with an unprecedented year of wet cold weather which caused farmers to have to file prevent plant and or replant claims. So work has been nonstop with high Storm-related claims and weather-related claims for our farmers. Plus in December of 2017 I was diagnosed with cancer so I had that on my plate as well. The good thing about that is I chose to go completely natural and with a Naturopathic doctor and in 8 months time my cancer markers fell from 6127 down to 26! My doc told me this was unprecedented and to keep up the good work! I was well prepared for dealing with that since I lost my mom to the same kind of cancer (actually its treatment, not her cancer) 20 years ago and I have done tons of research on the subject knowing full well Chemo, radiation, and surgery do nothing to get to the underlying reason as to why you get cancer in the first place!

What I've learned is not that new and much of which I had already incorporated as I was battling my cancer. But I had stopped using my white noise machine (which thunderstorm mode set on the lowest level helps me sleep so well) and my sleep mask to help keep the excess light out. I also think trying to avoid computer time right before bed helps as well to wind down and let your mind shut down. Another thing I have found that really helps me sleep better is memorizing scripture before I go to bed. I don't know how many times when I woke in the night for a bathroom trip I was singing a song or quoting scripture in my mind! I also received a free Echo Dot from my local credit union when we opened a new Purple Money Market account last month. I sometimes ask Alexa to play some soft worship music which also helps me to wind down for the night. Or I have a Whole Tones Music program which I've downloaded to my computer which I will play that is so relaxing. Another thing I try to do when the weather is cool enough is to go outdoors about an hour before bedtime and sit on my swing in our patio area and listen to the waterfall from our pond which we put in 3 years ago. That is so relaxing that it really helps my body wind down and prepare for a good nights sleep. So that's the first thing that came to my mind when I got to the part where Sleepio introduced imaging. That works like a charm. I guess the best thing I could challenge you with is this: we all need to think more proactively about things we are doing that might be making our sleep worse and also having a positive attitude through it all that we do have the ability to change if we are willing to make some minor changes along the way. Did you know that science has now proven that thoughts of Gratitude have the ability to change the way your mind works? Pretty cool huh?

• Sleepio Member

• 4 comments
    • 1 helped
    in reply to Sleepio Member
    Graduate

Thank you for your story, and that Sleepio has helped you. I am in week 4 now, not a lot of improvement but Yesterday I got 7 hours of sleep. ☺ Not sure what factors caused it, but I had used Emtionall Freedom Technique, also know as Tapping and it focused on sleeping. If you are not familiar with tapping, this is the website I used. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fttXRgQtaY. If you want to know more about EFT, Google it for the basic theory and how to.

Today, Wednesday, July 31, I woke at 3:45, about 5 hours of sleep, not as good as 7, but better than the 2.5-3 hours in the past weeks.
    When I woke this (Wednesday ) morning at 3:45, I used the THE word and tightened my muscles then relaxed as the Prof suggested to get back to sleep. I stayed about a half hour trying that but finally got out of bed and lay in my recliner and listened to a recording by Jason Stephenson “Getting back to sleep” till 5 AM, my wake up time. Then I stayed reclined in the chair and listened to some other meditations.

I have not done the discipline 100 % and wondered about supplements and asked the Sleepio team. They said that taking Melatonin was okay. After a few nights of little sleep, if I wake up in the AM, I take a melatonin, only 3 mg. or even half of that by splitting the pill and it helps me get 2-3 hours more sleep. It is NOT cheating, as I still get up at 5 AM my time to get up. I wish you well. About 30% of people experience insomnia, a lot to do with the fast paced world we live in. I hope you stay with the program. Best of luck.
    cheers,
    Bob
    Spokane

• Sleepio Member

• 6 comments
    • 2 helped
    Graduate

I'm happy to contribute. Just let me know what you need.

Shan

• Sleepio Member

• 6 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

I would like to help. It might be a bit early for me though as I just finished week six and my sleep is still tenuous. I have had sleep problems for 30 years and have tried everything from medications to meditation to doctors to essential oils and much more. I can say that Sleepio is the first thing that has actually helped the problem – I feel more confident about sleep, I haven't taken any medication for two weeks, my sleep and energy are improving overall, and I have a much better relationship with my bed and bedtime routine. I have a much more positive outlook now, as well. I am grateful to you for putting this program together and for making it available online. Thank you!

Return to top