Are you in the U.S. and have a Sleepio success story?

Hello to our wonderful Sleepio Community!

Our company is looking for Sleepio members located in the U.S. who would be willing to provide testimonials about their experience using the program.

Your testimonial would help us reach more people in need of digital sleep help, and could be used in press releases, marketing materials or customer-facing presentations. Your name could be kept anonymous if you'd prefer.

Please let us know if you'd be willing to discuss this, and I will connect you to our Communications Manager!

Posted 7 Jun 2019 at 1:11 PM
  • 24 comments
  • 16 helped

Comments

Show older comments
  • Sleepio Member

• 1 comments
    • 1 helped
    Session 4

I am in the N Texas area west of Ft. Worth. Having apnea some of these techniques have made improvement in my mood and getting better sleep. Happy to share my experience.

Little John

• Sleepio Member

• 370 comments
    • 224 helped
    Graduate

Hello, I am in the US and would be happy to assist. I had insomnia for many decades, and was also using sleeping pills for over 10 years. Now, I only use sleeping pills during jet lag situations, and even then, I use half the dosage that I used to.

• Sleepio Member

• 7 comments
    • 2 helped
    Session 5

I'm located in the Piedmont-Triad area of North Carolina, USA. I just started tonight, and I have a unique life situation which affects my sleep and has for quite a few years now. I hope Sleepio can help improve my sleep patterns despite this situation, which may not change for a while. If Sleepio proves to be the game-changer I would like it to be, I'd be glad to share my experience.

• Sleepio Member

• 11 comments
    • 3 helped
    Graduate

I have had an insomnia problem off and on for decades. I once went eight months on 3 hours of sleep or less. Sleepio has been very helpful to me, especially the thought checkers. I like the regimen of checking in to the diary every morning and seeing how I am doing. I still have a problem because my husband likes to watch TV in bed; not sure if I should move to another room or insist he do that. The Sleepio staff are wonderful, very responsive and patient.

• Sleepio Member

• 3 comments
    • 2 helped
    Graduate

I’m an US citizen currently living overseas working non-profit. I don’t know if I qualify, but I would love to help.

• Sleepio Member

• 3 comments
    • 3 helped
    Graduate

After decades of sleep issues, I've had success with the Sleepio program and live in the US (Minnesota). I've been recommending this to friends and family, and would be happy to provide a testimonial.

• Sleepio Member

• 22 comments
    • 6 helped
    Graduate

Hello – I live in Wisconsin and have had sleep problems for decades. Over the years I have tried everything from essential oils to weighted blankets to melatonin, meditation, prescriptions and otc meds. I even went to Mayo Clinic where they suggested I do CBTI locally so I wouldn’t have to travel 10 hours (there and back) each week to Mayo. But certified CBTI therapists proved impossible to find. When I found Sleepio online it was an answer to a prayer.
    Life is so much better since I found Sleepio. I use all of the tools. I love the daily diary, seeing and feeling my progress, and the visits with the prof. This program has helped me feel much more in control and less helpless regarding my sleep. The community and Sleepio team support is extremely helpful and stabilizing.
    I have shared all of this with friends and family and have encouraged them to try Sleepio. It is a lifeline for me and I am so thankful to you for putting this program together.
    I am working very hard at this and am thankful for the positivity of the program and for the progress I am making.
    Have a great day!

• Sleepio Member

• 11 comments
    • 6 helped
    Graduate

I am 84 years young and have had sleep problems since childhood. I have taken sleeping pills for over 50 years and this past summer I got off of temazepam with the help of an APN and I rejoice at the good feelings and moods that I now have. I live in Las Vegas and would be happy to help anyone who experiences sleep problems. I have experienced practically everything with the exception of sleep walking. This is my third week in the program and it is still a struggle but I am so thankful for the program and the community. I love the diary and the support as I have felt so alone in my struggles. If I can do this just about anyone can. I am still at 55% but am thankful for any one good nights sleep. My biggest challenge is the RST. When I tried it a month ago, I ended up with a pattern of only sleeping 2 to 3 hours a night for 5 nights. I had to take a supplement and no longer stay with the restriction.
    . I am approaching it slower this time as per the Prof so I am looking forward to a better outcome.

• Sleepio Member

• 1 comments
    • 0 helped
    Session 4

I'm here in the U.S. (Reno, NV) and would be happy to help. I'm having success with the program – now about 3 weeks into it. I've improved my time asleep by about 20% and certainly the quality of sleep also. The program is helping me to get rid of some bad habits like reading in bed. But, also, I suffer from RLS/Ekbom Disorder and have for many years. I take Neurontin (300mg) every night. I had been needing to increase the dosage, by 100-200mg – until I started this course. I want to be careful suggesting that the improved sleep via the course is helping, but I've not needed the extra 100-200mg fora couple of weeks now.
    For the last two months, I've been supplementing with L-Tyrosine (500mg 1x daily) to improve (hopefully) Dopamine levels. My RLS also seems to be triggered by anemia … and severe episodes (last were a few years ago) were relieved by IV Ferritin. I haven't had a severe episode since – despite being vegan.
    Note: exercise daily. Walk about 5-7 miles per week. Modest use of alcohol. No caffeine after 3 p.m.

• Sleepio Member

• 1 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

I live in Denver, and completed the Sleepio course about 2 weeks ago, but am strongly committed to the program. My situation may not be right for what you're looking for, but I use a cpap machine and sleep meds-which i am gradually reducing.
    The biggest help? The sleep window and The Prof!

• Sleepio Member

• 13 comments
    • 18 helped
    Graduate

I just graduated today and am willing to share my experience. I am a professional in Boise, Idaho who began having sleep problems last year when my workload increased causing an increase in stress and anxiety. I tend to fall asleep easily but wake up in the middle of the night with work thoughts and worries and have trouble going back to sleep. Sleepio gave me the knowledge and tools to deal with this situation and I experienced a steady improvement during the program. I plan to continue using the tools and helping others.

• Sleepio Member

• 2 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

I am so happy that I was able to sign up for this program. I have struggled with insomnia on and off for nearly 10 years. I am always able to fall asleep right away, but usually wake up 5-6 hrs later (2 hrs before my desired wake up time) with my mind completely active as if I had 3 cups of coffee. I have always been good about creating a peaceful sleep environment (white noise, complete darkness, fan on to cool me down), but thought blocking has helped me a lot as well as progressive relaxation in terms of the winding down at night and if I wake up 5-6 hrs later. I also am not watching TV in my bedroom (with the exception of nights that my partner sleeps over, I am usually dozing off with a sleep mask and ear plugs anyways). I cannot recommend this program enough. The audio files are very helpful. The one part of the program I wasn't great at was the sleep restriction, I was having trouble staying up later than 30 minutes past my bedtime. I did the best I could though and it seemed to pay off.

I did my capstone (similar to a thesis) on CBT for insomnia in my doctorate program. This program is superior to others out there. I love the animations, but more importantly, the ease of introduction with techniques, as to not overwhelm over a 6 session period.

I am grateful that I was able to find this helpful, thorough, well-designed program to get back into a healthy sleep routine as I started a new job position and was having a lot of thoughts at night and difficulty winding down. I am recommending Sleepio to everyone here in NY. I hope that this can continue to be available to those in the U.S.

• Sleepio Member

• 1 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

I am in the US and just finished the Sleepio program. It has been very helpful and I would be happy to provide a testimonial.

• Sleepio Member

• 2 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

I had a great success story. I started going to sleep later and reduced the amount of lighting in my apartment and I slept much better. Sometimes I still have interrupted sleep but this program certainly helped.

• Sleepio Member

• 6 comments
    • 5 helped
    Graduate

I live in Oregon. I've been using the program for about nine months now and would highly recommend it. I've faithfully kept a sleep diary all these months and I can see I went from many nights of poor and very poor sleep to most nights being good.

• Sleepio Member

• 3 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

Not sure I will be all that helpful, having finished week 3 just now. Still if my experience helps anyone I would be willing to be a part of the effort.

• Sleepio Member

• 7 comments
    • 8 helped
    Graduate

Hi. I live in Michigan and am in week 4, still struggling with SR and a low SE of 65%. I've had sleep problems for most of my life, just not continuously. Currently fighting poor/very poor sleep for last 8 months. I'm hopeful that the program works. My GP thinks the program is very good, and points to a lot of positive results that it shows. The community here is positive and helpful. I've learnt a lot here so far, which I hope will eventually lead to better sleep.

• Sleepio Member

• 13 comments
    • 0 helped
    in reply to Sleepio Member
    Graduate

Hi there, I’m suffering from the same as you. I can fall asleep easily, but wake up 5-6 hours after and 2 hours before my wake time. It’s hard for me to fall back asleep well after. What worked for you? Could you please help me with some tips or advice?

• Sleepio Member

• 6 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

hi-I graduated from the program and was shocked at how effective it was for me so quickly. I have dealt with insomnia for 20 years on and off when I also received my diagnosis of clinical depression. I have been prescribed meds to help me sleep but weaned off my latest sleep prescription (seroquel) last year. I have used Benadryl, melatonin, unisom (doxy succinate), Neurocalm Mag, Glycine, etc. to help me sleep. Nothing seems to work for more than a month or 2. Blood work in 2012 revealed that I don't make melatonin.
    I began Sleepio taking Benadryl or Unisom or just glycine and Neurocalm with melatonin depending on how things went. The sleep restriction was so hard but I did it without Benadryl or Unisom to try and do it as natural as possible. I hit 90% the 3rd week! I was so excited! Increasing 15 min was encouraging but I sure wanted more! I couldn't believe I was sleeping 6 solid hours. The nights went by so quickly! I am sleeping 10:30-6 am but allowed myself until 7 am last night to see how I did. I slept well despite my spouse's snoring waking me several times. Ear plugs helped.
    I am happy to help out in anyway I can if my story is valuable.

• Sleepio Member

• 6 comments
    • 0 helped
    in reply to Sleepio Member
    Graduate

Do you take any supplements? I find glycine 3000 mg at bedtime helpful. Its an amino acid that functions as a calming neurotransmitter in the brain and supports many other functions in the body. Without it my sleep feels 'lighter' and my brain more active. I also like “Neurocalm Mag” by Amy Myers MD. Tasty, claims to maintain optimal sleep cycle, and support physical relaxation” which I agree with. I notice poorer sleep without it. I highly regard her supplements and autoimmune protocol. We are all different however. I sleep 8 hours now! the program was very helpful to me.

Return to top