Are you a Sleepio user in the UK who would like to share your Sleepio experience?

We’re launching an exciting new NHS project in the counties of Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire area later this year and are making a public announcement next week!

Ahead of the announcement we're looking for Sleepio users who would be willing to talk to journalists on the phone about their sleep, and their experience using the Sleepio program. If you would prefer to write a short quote which you would be happy to have included in a written press release, that would also be extremely helpful!

If interested in getting involved, please, either post here in reply to this discussion, or email Dr. Sophie Bostock at sophie@sleepio.com, to find out more.

Posted 10 Mar 2018 at 6:58 PM
  • 25 comments
  • 12 helped

Comments

Show older comments
  • Sleepio Member

• 4 comments
    • 2 helped
    Graduate

My GP suggested I tried Sleepio as I was waking two or three times a night or worse, waking after a couple of hour’s sleep and staying awake for rest of night. It was causing me anxiety and low mood. The sense of relief on being helped by this excellent and user friendly programme helped me relax, not dread going to bed and immediately sleep better. It’s a progressive course, each week building on the previous one. Sometimes it can be tough but I’m now used to going to bed much later and getting up as soon as I wake. I usually manage around seven hours sleep each night sometimes going right through with no waking. I’m so grateful to Professor Espie for showing me a way forward through Sleepio and giving me back my enjoyable days

• Sleepio Member

• 4 comments
    • 2 helped
    Graduate

I am happy to talk about my experience of using the Sleepio programme to overcome my sleep difficulties

• Sleepio Member

• 17 comments
    • 4 helped
    Graduate

I would be happy to talk about my experience of using Sleepio. My GP suggested it. Having had many years of sleep disruption and eventually dreading going to bed, even though I was exhausted, I was at my wits end. I have just been awarded an extra 15 minutes in bed which I am chuffed about. It is a tough programme but I can already feel the confidence returning in going to bed and actually falling asleep. Also not waking so often during the night. I am still quite new to this but am quite hopeful at achieving my goal of a restful night's sleep and feeling able to cope with the next day.

• Sleepio Member

• 1 comments
    • 0 helped
    Session 1

I am not from the UK. My employer has purchased this program and so I'm feeling rather forced to complete it.
    I think there is some value with the information for sure but I just can't stomach it. I can't believe how juvenile this program is. Not to mention it takes forever to complete. I don't understand how people can take this info seriously the way it is structured visually etc. I am extremely frustrated with the quality and quantity of info. It's too much and too time consuming! It often freezes on me when I'm trying to get through the session. I would like to be able to use via mobile app but doesn't seem to work very well. I'd like to give a better recommendation, truly, but I would not recommend this to anyone at this time.

• Sleepio Member

• 1 comments
    • 0 helped
    Session 2

Hi, just wanted to say Hello and that I’m just starting out on this programme so looking forward to improving my sleep. Happy to share how things are progressing.

• Sleepio Member

• 12 comments
    • 6 helped
    Graduate

Hi, I would be very happy to share my experiences of using the techniques on the Sleepio course. I have been a poor sleeper for most of my life and the five weeks that I have spent so far on this course have made a significant and positive difference. I have found the CBT techniques to be immensely helpful in reconfiguring my approach to sleep. Perhaps the most important thing that I have discovered is the sense of my own agency. I no longer feel that poor sleep is something I have to suffer because it is somehow ‘hard-wired’ into me – instead I now feel that I have a degree of control over the way I sleep. I might still wake up in the night but I no longer lie awake worrying, and getting to sleep seems to be so much easier. Perhaps the best thing I can say is that I no longer self-identify as an insomniac – how wonderful is that!

• Sleepio Member

• 1 comments
    • 0 helped
    in reply to Sleepio Member
    Graduate

It's difficult to get the tone right for everyone. Personally, I think the people making sleepio have struck a good balance of being warm, friendly and honest – they acknowledge it is tough which it undoutedly is.

• Sleepio Member

• 1 comments
    • 0 helped
    Session 4

Happy to share my experience of Sleepio – Its undoubtedly a positive one, even though I am only on week 3 of the course.

• Sleepio Member

• 1 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

I am happy to share my experience of Sleepio. I was disappointed to find that all my GP could offer was addictive drugs. I tried a competitor's offering but did not like it. Then my husband came across Sleepio at an open day at the JR in Oxford. I am really happy with Sleepio. I now have a realistic expectation of a night's sleep and I know if I am yawning during the day it is probably down to a food intolerance rather than lack of sleep.

• Sleepio Member

• 1 comments
    • 0 helped
    Graduate

Hi, I am beginning Week 3 and hope that I can reestablish a good sleep bed connection. I can spend up to 4 or 5 hours trying to get to sleep and then don't want to get up as I have kept waking up. I dread going to bed for fear of not sleeping. This is going to change and I am determined to stick to me bedtimes, no matter how difficult it will be. Here goes…

• Sleepio Member

• 3 comments
    • 1 helped
    Graduate

I would also be happy to share as I have also benefited from the sleepio program. It is a well laid out system that eases you in then develops as you continue through. I still sleep for roughly the same total length as before but instead of waking maybe 6 times a night I now wake only once or twice so my sleep quality is vastly improved. I've just completed week 5 but will likely retrace my steps just to reinforce the points that have helped me.

• Sleepio Member

• 1 comments
    • 0 helped
    Session 1

l did not get any sleep another sore patch on right arm skin crawling from head to toe hot and cold sweats and another thing ibs is murdering me so not eating not a good feeling so so tired i cannot concentrate spent all day trying to stay awake as child is on school hols Help Me..Please taken me an hour to type this…

• Sleepio Member

• 3 comments
    • 1 helped
    Session 5

I have suffered with sleep problems for well over a decade and would be happy to share my experiences with Sleepio. So far, I'm feeling positive after only a week. I have found that the section on my sleep environment was frustrating as it wanted me to choose things to do, all of which I've already done! Having suffered with sleep issues for so long, I have exhausted (before Sleepio) all avenues of sleep hygiene. It would have been so helpful if it had asked whether I have already done any of the suggestions. Apart from that, I've been content so far with the help being offered. So thank you!

• Sleepio Member

• 3 comments
    • 1 helped
    Session 5

P.S. Sorry, I also forgot to mention that I already made the life style changes the prof spoke of, so I chose three to work on that were totally irrelevant to me, not really knowing what else to do. Again, it would have been helpful to ask which ones I had already been doing. Thanks again!

• Sleepio Member

• 7 comments
    • 1 helped
    Graduate

I'd be willing to speak to someone about my experience with sleepio

• Sleepio Member

• 7 comments
    • 1 helped
    Graduate

re talking about my experience with sleepio-I joined the programme at the beginning of March this year, and am still following it.
    I have found significant benefits and am grateful to NHS Oxford for sponsoring me on this programme

• Sleepio Member

• 2 comments
    • 0 helped
    Session 1

I would be more than happy to speak to journalists if it will help persuade the NHS to put something into this instead of just prescribing drugs for people. especially as this could also help young people with conditions such as ADHD/Autism who often benefit greatly from better sleep but for whom Dr's are often not willing/able to prescribe medication and often parents would prefer an alternative to medication as well.

• Sleepio Member

• 2 comments
    • 0 helped
    Session 1

Also I am only just beginning the course and have ADHD myself as well as high blood pressure which could also be helped by better sleep

• Sleepio Member

• 1 comments
    • 1 helped
    Session 4

hello – I have just started the programme and felt frustrated that a lot of the helpful hints I am doing already and also had to choose 3 random tasks that were not relevant to me as I already have good sleep hygiene, eat at 6pm, only have one cup of tea and coffee in the morning and drink water rest of the day. The odd glass of wine with my dinner so a good 4/5 hours before i go to bed. But I will continue with it.

• Sleepio Member

• 6 comments
    • 0 helped
    Session 3

Sleepio is a rubbish system, it doesn't work, all it will do is make you obsess over lack of sleep and make you more anxious. I was sleeping some before the program, now I'm struggling to sleep at all, because my mind sees sleep as a threat. It just makes you overthink about sleep. I'm abandoning it now and I suggest you do the same. I've had about two hours in 3 days! Before I was getting 3.5 a night.

Return to top